Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chnage multiple annotation settings at the same time?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
abarr
2666 Views, 7 Replies

chnage multiple annotation settings at the same time?

Is there a solution, other than annotation scaling, to change multiple annotation settings at the same time?  In other words, when I switch scales of annotation (text, dimensions & leaders) it takes 3 separate actions (changing text scale, changing dimension scale, changing leader scale).  I think the autocad solution for this issue is to use annotative scaling, but it really clutters my drawing & I don't like using it.  Is there a way to group the all the settings for a particular scale together so that switching back and forth involves one command rather than 3?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
h_s_walker
in reply to: abarr

I don't use Annotative objects, but if you select all 3 and then check the Properties (Ctrl+1) Does the Annotation scale show there?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
pendean

I take it you do NOT use annotative Text, Dims, Mleaders nor Annotative Objects at all, correct? That's how AutoCAD is set up if you want convenience of switching, everything is annotative or everything is not and you do it the long and hard way that you described.

Would you like help transitioning? It's not rocket science, just a small learning curve and abandoning of old methods that may not apply anymore.
Message 4 of 8
abarr
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Dean.  I think yes, it might be time to teach the old dog a new trick (that's not so new to everyone else!)  Is there a resource you would suggest for a quick summary of going the annotative object scaling direction?  I've used them in the past when working with other peoples drawings.  Main thing I don't like is the autocad feature of hovering over the annotation and then all of the scales become visible.  Maybe there's just a simple way of turning off that feature?

Thanks again,

Alan

Message 5 of 8
pendean

>>>...feature of hovering over the annotation and then all of the scales become visible...<<<
ANNOALLVISIBLE variable, I keep it turned off here.

First thing you need to decide upfront is: what size text do you normally plot? We use 3/32" here (approximately 10-point in word-processor lingo) for our general text. Then also find plotted size for your other text. This is critical in setting your text STYLE options correctly. From there, everything else kind of starts falling into place.
This old AU class hand-out is a good place to start learning: http://www.dscohn.com/AU/handouts/GD315-1P%20Annotation%20Scaling-DOC.pdf

Post back with detailed questions as you further dive into it all: I suggest you find a small project in your office to make the conversion with in real-time. Avoid doing this on the side without a project or deadline: you'll be more focused that way.
Message 6 of 8
abarr
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks, Dean!  Good suggestions.  Will be back to you with any questions.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Dear sir Please find the  Below Attachment..that is my problem ...please make it early as possible.

Message 8 of 8
abarr
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, please read the accepted solution.  I think his response addresses what you show in your attachment.  I think it has to do with the setting of ANNOALLVISIBLE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report