Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant edit my drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
talha_khalid
511 Views, 1 Reply

Cant edit my drawing

Hi I have a drawing. I cant edit it. I tried to open it in block editor < current drawing> to edit it but cant do that. When i right clck on drawing and click properties it says Block reference in the properties menu, and when i select any drawing part and double click it it open attributes. 

some more information when i give command BATMAN it opens block attribute manager there i can see block name U2. But cant find the block in block manager 

When i try to insert new block that block is not available to insert as well.

Can someone please help me with it.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steven-g
in reply to: talha_khalid

Those are anonymous or (U)named blocks unfortunately in LT you cannot do anything with them (maybe try the 'rename' command but if they don't show in that dialogue then there are no options). If you know anyone with the full version of AutoCAD then there are LISP solutions but for LT your only real option to do anything with them is 'explode' but seeing that they usually all have unique numbers if you have hundreds of the same looking block you would need to manually replace all the blocks with a new 'named' block one by one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report