Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not extract specific attributes in CDF file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nosurvive
264 Views, 2 Replies

can not extract specific attributes in CDF file

Hi there,

I’ve recently faced a technical issue about the command ATTEXT, which is related to attribute extraction.

I extracted a dwg files by an attribute extraction template file- they are the attached files-. I had the values in P_Survey and P_Finished fields ,etc. However, I failed to retrieve them in my output CDF file but I succeeded in the P_NAME attribute and the block layer.

I don’t know why and can using Chinese characters in the value of P_PLACE a be possible cause ?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

ref :

the block attributes

nosurvive_1-1706695091483.png

the resulting CDF File

nosurvive_2-1706695407542.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: nosurvive

Hi,

>>"can using Chinese characters in the value of P_PLACE a be possible cause ?"

Change it, try it and you have the answer to this question. Chinese characters are in other attributes only, so it isn't a problem here.

>>"I don’t know why "

The Problem are your attribut tags. In old AutoCAD days it was a rule that you have to use uppercase characters only,

that's also the reason why Acad changes your lowercase characters to uppercase for ATTDEF and TEXTEDIT command!

But unfortunately new tools came along for editing which no longer implemented this requirement, such as: The properties palette,
Not to mention thousands not licensed by Autodesk .DWG/.DXF interfaces.

It's just stupid that the dinosaur function "ATTEXT" still expects capital letters in the .dwg/.dwg.
There hasn't been time to revise this matter in the last 30-40 years.

Solution: Edit your block(s)

Select one reference, BEDIT, doubleclick Attdef with lowercase characters, close the textedit dialog

do it foreach Attdef with lowercase characters, bsave, bclose

And update your blockreferences by Attsync.

Now it should works!

(no need, but looks cleaner, change the lowercharacters in attext mask file too)

Sebastian

Message 3 of 3
nosurvive
in reply to: nosurvive

Thank you very much and it really works just as you said 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report