Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks Within Tables

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
philKUDJM
277 Views, 2 Replies

Blocks Within Tables

Hi All,

This is my first time asking a question on forums, so please forgive me if I'm not quite in step with the order of things.

I would be grateful if anyone could help with a small problem I have. Most of my work is for small mechanical and electrical companies within the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) sector. Over time I have built up a library of blocks, some of which are dynamic, that I use in my drawings. Which ones I use will obviously vary from one drawing to the next and therefore the required legend will also vary. I have looked at several ways to format a legend for my drawings as I need to insert only the ones used. Most recently I have tried to use a table and insert the blocks as required with their descriptions in an adjacent cell. This all went very well until I needed to show several different visibility states from one block. I cant edit the visibility state of the block once inserted.

I can drag the block to model space, select the state I want and then drag that to the table, but it is not inserted and doesn't follow the cell formatting I have set up.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: philKUDJM

Unfortunately you can't put dynamic blocks in a table. However you can GROUP them with the table. I would put your blocks to the left of the table and then group them with the table.

See the attached drawing for a little guidance. The blue symbol is just one symbol with different visibility states chosen

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
philKUDJM
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for taking the time to reply and so promptly.

I will play around with the idea, its a bit of a shame it was all going so well too. I'm probably over complicating things anyway. Thanks again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report