Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad13LT

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
294 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad13LT

I keep getting "autocad lt application not responding" when i try to open a dwg. originally created in 08lt and saved up when I upgraded. then i get a message "autocad lt application has stopped working" the screen becomes transparent grey and i cannot open the dwg. Autocad then closes down. VERY FRUSTRATING!  I deleted the file and changed the .bak file to dwg and still the same message. Does this mean the dwg/bak file is corrupted and i need to redraw? I included the file to see if anyone else has the same problems. if this keeps up i may have to break out my drafting board and paraliner.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

i was able to open up the file in Autocad 2014

i don't have autocad lt 2013 installed anywhere

try running a repair on Autocad lt

start>control panel>add remove programs or add/remove features depending on the OS your using

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

also make sure you have the latest sevice pack installed

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240818

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i was able to install autocad lt 2013 without service packs installed

the file opens fine over here i just get it can't find file references message

LT2013.png

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
pendean

So you can open other files with no problems then? if no, you got another issue altogether, if yes then just INSERT this file into an empty new drawing.

Elaborate please.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I cannot open the file in 2013lt, I am up to date with the service packs. service pack 2 I believe. I was able to open the file on another pc 2013lt and did a copy save then pasted on another dwg template. I think that solved my problem for now.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle

OP have you tried recovering the file?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost