Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD printing short lines as points

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Wojciech.MleczekQ2M2T
909 Views, 19 Replies

AutoCAD printing short lines as points

Hello,

I have a problem with printing drawings in AutoCAD LT 2021. When the drawing has some lines that are very short (0,01mm and less) it prints them as visible below.

lineweighton.pnglineweightoff.png

First picture is the view in .pdf with lineweight on, the second is with the lineweight off.

In AutoCAD 2019 there is no problem like this.  Does anybody know if there is a simple solution to that (any other than using QSE for selecting short lines and deleting them, I am looking for something more like AutoCAD LT settings)

Thanks in advance,

Wojciech Mleczek

Tags (4)
Labels (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Post your DWG file, lets all have a look inside.

Message 3 of 20

In attachment you can find example drawing that is having those problems. I wanted also to attach plot style file but it's not possible due to file format restrictions on forum.

Message 4 of 20

ZIP your plot style table to post.
Message 5 of 20

Right... There you go:

Message 6 of 20

I wonder if part of your problem is you choice of a small output on a large/huge sheet that results in the unacceptable output 

pendean_0-1612537024294.png

Message 7 of 20

I've already tried with changing the sheet size or scaling drawing to sheet size but after that nothing happened.

Message 8 of 20

Wrong DWG? Wrong CTB?

The pagesetup in modelspace is the only one that is fully defined

and all pagesetups refer to a "Erritsø.ctb"

All my tests (with your attached ctb, also without a ctb, the result is well with ACAD 2021.1, also with LT2021.0

EDIT: I know a problem like your's but only with very tiny attributes.

Sebastian

Message 9 of 20

oh stop, i remember

@Wojciech.MleczekQ2M2T 

can you see the big points in PDF as well or just on Paper after printing?

Because the tiny-attribute-problem which i know appears only if

you print your pdf, it is not (or not big) visible in a PDF viewer.

hmm

Sebastian

Message 10 of 20

Could you attach a .pdf that you printed with AutoCAD LT 2021 and plot style that I attached? Which printer did you use, AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation)?

Message 11 of 20

I didn't even try to print it on paper. All these points are visible in pdf viewers.

Message 12 of 20

>>>...I've already tried with changing the sheet size or scaling drawing to sheet size but after that nothing happened...<<<
Are you sure?

1.PNG2.PNG

Message 13 of 20

>>"Could you attach a .pdf that you printed with AutoCAD LT 2021 and plot style that I attached? Which printer did you use, AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation)?"

I changed only the ctb file (because you send another) and: My 2021 Versions print COLOR, not black lines..

(in 2020 it works as expected and without problems)

So whatever the problem is: I guess this is not a new ctb, not created in 2021, or?

Please create a new ctb without a template, start a new fresh ctb in 2021

and try it again.

Sorry, can not help more

Sebastian

Message 14 of 20

>"Could you attach a .pdf that you printed with AutoCAD LT 2021 and plot style that I attached? "

Not useful because the result is totally wrong (color).

But YOU can attach your PDF.

Open your DWG which is attached here in this thread, you are in model tab now,

PLOT, set ctb to your teka_rebars.ctb and create a PDF, then share this PDF with us.

Sebastian

Message 15 of 20

I've used your settings from screenshots, but after that dots are still visible. Same with creating new plot style.

Message 16 of 20

In attachment you can find the drawing. After turning lineweights off in PDF and zooming to 200% points are visible. When I print on A0 i don't even have to zoom in to see them.

Message 17 of 20

I tried PDF-XCHANGE and Adobe Reader DC, but i can't see it.

Not sure what i have to do, but i am sure i can not help (lol).

Sorry, i am out.

Attached a screenshot of what i see in your pdf

Sebastian

Message 18 of 20

What I see on that screenshot is that you didnt press Ctrl + 5, because I can see different line thicknesses.

Message 19 of 20

You must be worried about something none of us are seeing here. Instead of just posting screenshots and PDFs, how about you add markers and pointers/arrows to explain it even more.
Message 20 of 20

Thx you for this help.

I can see it now, very small (irrelevant for a paper print), but i can see it.

New Answer:

Yes, it looks like it is a 2021 thing (2021.0 and 2021.1 aswell) of the Autodesk PDF drivers.

Tested with another external driver (PDF Xchange) looks good,

tested with AutoDESK drivers in 2020 - looks good.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report