Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2021 running requirements

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
462 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad LT 2021 running requirements

Hello.   I have Been asked to spec a 15" laptop for this software.  Never dealt with it before and know nothing about it.

The requirements on the website state it needs a dedicated GPU but the other specs seem pretty basic and old. It even mentions Windows 8.1. The GPU spec it quotes on their site is

Basic. • 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX11 compliant.Recommended. • 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX11 compliant.

So I contacted Autocad who were pretty useless to be honest.  Eventually all they would say is they think it needs a dedicated GPU

I have two laptops in mind.  A basic one without a GPU

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-250-g7-core-i5-1035g1-8gb-256gb-ssd-15.6-inch-fhd-windows-10-pro-...

And an i7 Thinkpad with a GPU

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/lenovo-thinkpad-e15-core-i7-10510u-16gb-512gb-ssd-15.6-inch-fhd-wind...

I am guessing the Thinkpad will be ok but what about the HP?

Any recommendations?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 8
pendean

You never EVER want to buy a Windows machine with only 356GB harddrive. Other than that, and as long as you avoid Intel Xe Graphics cards (specifically the Xe, not anything else from Intel), the last two devices you posted are pretty good options.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
You never EVER want to buy a Windows machine with only 356GB harddrive. Other than that, and as long as you avoid Intel Xe Graphics cards (specifically the Xe, not anything else from Intel), the last two devices you posted are pretty good options.

Thanks.  So that HP (The last one I quoted) would be a good option then? Presumably better than the Thinkpad?

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Those are just brands, they mean nothing to me: you want to look for what you can afford and the best support/ return/ fast repair options offered to you in your region then decide.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@pendean wrote:
Those are just brands, they mean nothing to me: you want to look for what you can afford and the best support/ return/ fast repair options offered to you in your region then decide.

Thanks

The specs were in the links.  I just wanted someone who knows Autocad to confirm their suitability.  Its not my area of expertise.  

Message 7 of 8
pendean

All your posted "specs" are suitable: no one here is going to tell you which specific machine to buy, sorry. If you are that terrified of the purchase perhaps you should pay for a consultation here then make someone liable for their decisions https://servicesmarketplace.autodesk.com/

Good luck.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

@pendean wrote:
All your posted "specs" are suitable: no one here is going to tell you which specific machine to buy, sorry. If you are that terrified of the purchase perhaps you should pay for a consultation here then make someone liable for their decisions https://servicesmarketplace.autodesk.com/

Good luck.

LOL! I thought thats what tech forums were for. To get recommendations from others that have been there, done it!  Im not "Terrified", Ive worked in the IT industry since the 80s,  Autocad is not my area of expertise and I just want to get it right for my client.  I just assumed that getting an expert in the community or from Autocads pre sales support to confirm whether a spec was suitable or not would be easy.  Seems not, certainly not with Autocad themselves. Hopeless when I spoke to them this morning.   Maybe I should have said. I have £1000 for a laptop whats the best one you Audocad experts and users would recommend?   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report