Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2021 hangs during zoom of Viewports

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bneilsonmsi
440 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCad LT 2021 hangs during zoom of Viewports

I have LT on two different machines (Office and Home) and while working on a drawing, when I zoom in or out on a viewport, it hangs.  Hang time is from 8 seconds to as long as 2 minutes.  During that time, Task manager shows the application itself as "Not Responding".

The machines are not similar (i9 with NVidia graphics, i7 with Radeon graphics), but exhibit the same behavior.

I am going to re-install 2020 and see if I have the same issue, but in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions....

TIA - Bill

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: bneilsonmsi

What does "zoom in and out on a viewport" mean please?
Message 3 of 8
bneilsonmsi
in reply to: pendean

When I zoom out to find what I want to focus on, then select the scale for the viewport, it hangs.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

I'm not seeing that at all in LT2021.1 in Win10Pro on PC at work or lower-spec laptop at home: what is your setup like, where do you store DWG files, how are you linked / connected there, what else might we need to know about it all.

Does GRAPHICSCONFIG command on both computers report the program is using your upgraded video cards, or not? And if you turn off hardware acceleration in there, does it behave better?

Message 5 of 8
bneilsonmsi

Should have included some of that in the main topic - my bad.

Local PC (i9):
File(s) are stored on a server, hardwire connection.  Drawing contains multiple xrefs.  Multiple smaller viewports on page.  Graphicsconfig does show correct video card, acceleration on/off has no effect.

See attached pic

Message 6 of 8
pendean

OK, so far we have identical setup and files structures (except for the i9): I am running LT2021.1 (the updated version), are you? ABOUT command will confirm what you have.
Message 7 of 8
bneilsonmsi

Yes, 2020.1.

I am wondering if the xrefs are just so bloated that it takes that long to refresh??

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Doubt it: but there is no harm in using RECOVER then PURGE commands on each and every DWG file in the set to confirm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report