Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2000 License Transfer to Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
garygreen187
386 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2000 License Transfer to Mac

I still use my old Windows AutoCAD LT 2000 and it does everything I need.  Now I’d like to switch to a Mac computer.  Can I transfer my license to the Mac?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: garygreen187

Very doubtful. I doubt you will find a 2000 version that works on a Mac, but besides that since 29th Aug this year any version 2010 or older can longer be activated on ANY computer. So hang on to your old computer and treat it with care, once your computer goes so does your 2000 version.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Read this about 2010 and older software

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-ver...

If you still have your old functioning PC, hang on to it for as long as it will last, then figure out a new option if you are unable to join Autodesk Subscription for newer software on your MAC.

Message 4 of 5
garygreen187
in reply to: pendean

I have it working now nicely in Windows 10 32 bit but would love to migrate to a Mac. I’m an infrequent user but find it valuable when I do use it. AutoCAD seems to be structured for frequent users who will get more payback from the considerable investment. Except for companies specializing in commercial use, the rest of the world has moved on to free or low cost apps paid for by ads. For people like me, that works. Maybe it’s time to move on. Google has docs and sheets. Is a free CAD app next?
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Google Search can help you find what you need my friend https://www.google.com/search?q=free+alternatives+to+autocad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report