Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTEXT GIVE 0 RESULTS IN OUTPUT FILE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
felix9
274 Views, 1 Reply

ATTEXT GIVE 0 RESULTS IN OUTPUT FILE

ATTEXT only pulls block name and attributes from regular blocks, when I try to extract block name or attributes from a dynamic block I only get empty lines.  (See Attached files). 

However, in another post, it was indicated, the attributes can be retrieved from dynamic blocks. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/extract-attext-dynamic-block-custom-attributes/td-p/....

Need help clarifying / how to extract attribute information from dynamic blocks using ATTEXT. 

PS: Got the DWG file from this post, and added my dynamic block to it.  ATTEXT extracts the data (block name) from the original block without an issue, but the dynamic block only returns an empty line. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/getting-empty-txt-properties-and-attributes-extracti...

thanks in advance for your help 

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadffm
in reply to: felix9

Hi,

>>ATTEXT GIVE 0 RESULTS IN OUTPUT FILE

If you select the dynamic blockreference ONLY - yes, otherwise you get 10 results

>>"ATTEXT only pulls block name and attributes from regular blocks,"

No

>>"(See Attached files)"

There is no dynamic blockreference witth an attribut named "DOWNLIGHT", that's the problem (your template will extract data from DOWNLIGHT attributes only).

Template:

cadffm_1-1717397198093.png

dynamic blockreference

cadffm_0-1717397173067.png

>>"However, in another post, it was indicated, the attributes can be retrieved from dynamic blocks. "

And that'S right.

You won't see the usual blockname (for blockreferences you had changed dynamic parameter values), but the data will extract.

Because of this: In LT2023 or older (you are using LT2023?, because that's the only reason why you should use ATTEXT, otherwise you have better features to extract and import attribut data)

For LT2023 and older, I added an attribut with the block-name, this way I was abler to extract blocknames of dynamic blocks too.

>>"Need help clarifying / how to extract attribute information from dynamic blocks using ATTEXT. "

The same way as standard block, nothing special.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report