Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associative Hatching

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stephenappel
45661 Views, 2 Replies

Associative Hatching

Have always been frustrated with Associative Hatching but would love to resolve this issue. I have a closed rectangular polyline which I have hatched by dragging the hatching pattern from the hatching palette that I have created with associative hatching patterns. I stretch the polyline and the hatching does not follow. When I check the properties, the hatching is not associative. I created a new rectangle (same size closed polyline) hatch in the same way with the same hatching and it is associative. To confuse the issue even more I copy the original rectangle, hatch the copy in the same way and in the copied rectangle the hatching is associative. The situation is not unique to this one polyline but happens on a regular basis . . . any help out there????

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: stephenappel

I cannot recreate your problem, however, there is no associative or non-associative property for hatches in the toolpalette. That property is a result of the current setting ie. the last setting you used when you created a hatch using the ribbon or dialogue, it could be worth paying attention to that and run some tests, the variable 'hpassoc' is set from those places (or manually) and it is this that controls associativity.

Message 3 of 3
stephenappel
in reply to: steven-g

Thank you for your response . . . that explains why. I had thought that if
the hatching in my palette was associative that it would carry over to
wherever I placed it. Doesn't solve the problem but at least explains why it
is happening!

stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report