Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying popups

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
BenGordesky
511 Views, 7 Replies

Annoying popups

How to I get rid of annoying popups for every command that get in the way of drafting?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: BenGordesky

Learn more about Dynamic Input method (It's a new feature since 17years)

Toggle On/Off = [F12]

Not your case? Share a Screenshot, because "Popup" means all and nothing.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 8
BenGordesky
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you, that worked!

There are two other problems I have experienced in the year since we purchased LT 2017.
Some times, when I hit F3 or F8 to toggle Object Snap or Ortho in the middle of a command CAD LT freezes. I then need to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to the Task bar. I then click on Cancel. Then, CAD LT comes back unfrozen. But, would be good to not have to do that.
And, sometimes I miss the ESC key and hit another key, I think it is F1? When I do that the file closes without saving, not even a request to save. Why is that?

Thanks again,

Ben
Message 4 of 8
pendean

@BenGordesky wrote:
Some times, when I hit F3 or F8 to toggle Object Snap or Ortho in the middle of a command CAD LT freezes. 

Special (or laptop) keyboard perhaps where F3 and F8 actually do something else altogether but to get the toggles you need to have a special button pressed first? very common problem that a user can easily miss.

@BenGordesky wrote:
And, sometimes I miss the ESC key and hit another key, I think it is F1? When I do that the file closes without saving, not even a request to save. Why is that?

What other key? Like my first reply above, your keyboard probably has this feature and you need to find it to turn it off.

IMPORTANT: LT2017 needs to be fully updated: does ABOUT command confirm you have this installed https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Au...

And if you are running in Win11.... that's a major issue in of itself.

HTH

Message 5 of 8
BenGordesky
in reply to: pendean

The software version is N104.0.0 Autocad LT 2017
How do I update to 2017.1?

Thanks again

Ben
Message 6 of 8
pendean

Log in at your Autodesk Account here to get the update https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/all
Message 7 of 8
cadffm

2017.1 was called "Servicepack" and is published public.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt-...

Sebastian

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw

@BenGordesky wrote:

How to I get rid of annoying popups for every command that get in the way of drafting?

Those "annoying popups" are quite useful for a lot drafters. In fact, some would say, "invaluable". Might want to look into how they could improve your workflows.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report