Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding text to my AutoCAD drawing; not sure of what I need to search

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
398 Views, 2 Replies

Adding text to my AutoCAD drawing; not sure of what I need to search

Hi all, 

I am a network Engineer trying to plan out Ethernet cabling expansion.

I have CAD files from the property manager.

In the analog world, I have the printed drawings, and just write the cable numbers on the sheet in the approximate location of the jacks.

I would like to learn how to do this in AutoCAD, but I am unsure of what terminology to use to search/describe what I want to do.

So I guess really what I am looking for is bit of help sorting through some of the Docs and targeting what I need; vs going deep into CAD world.  

I tried adding text boxes but I see no way to size/move the numbers easily.

Additionally, is AutoCAD LT the correct product to be using? 

Screenshot of what I am trying to accomplish.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

MTEXT command, use it for your text. After creation, select the text, use PROPERTIES command to turn on the text box option around it.

Now copy it around and edit it at all new locations so you can have the text box in place.

FWIW Have you considered taking some basic intro courses online for AutoCAD/LT? These might help you even more, so you can have a better understanding of the basics.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you that was exactly what I was looking for.

I had CAD classes way back in the day, sadly my 'learning' schedule is a bit booked. Salesforce now and Server 2019 when it is finally released.  Just need the stop gap to knock this project out; I did attempt the getting started here on Autodesk site...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report