Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Auto-Save Solution

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
423 Views, 3 Replies

3rd Party Auto-Save Solution

We all have the employee that doesn't pay too close attention to what they're doing and quickly chose the no button when AutoCAD asks if you want to save or not. Well, I'm looking for some solution, that will auto-save an AutoCAD drawing for the user so even if they click the don't save button, I can recover their work. That way the user doesn't have to re-do about 30 min to an hour of work. I have sent out multiple emails of "Please Save Your Work" and nothing get through to them.

I know AutoCAD has the built-in .BAK file, but that only works if you manually save the document. I know about the .AC$ and .SV$ but they only work if AutoCAD crashes while you were working because those files are removed after you close your AutoCAD drawing. 

So what I'm hoping to find is a solution to prevent the disaster of not having a way to recover a person's work, when they forget to save or do something. 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No such tool exists unless you want to get into server side live backups discussion wiht your I.T. department, and a chat with your employer about employees that waste company time like this one person.

You are looking for a technology fix to an HR problem 😞

Message 3 of 4
vladimir_michl

The SureSave add-on does exactly this, plus offers other options like autosaving after N commands. See:

https://www.cadstudio.cz/en/apps/suresave/

or

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=7509260174078723201&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

But unfortunately not for AutoCAD LT - jsut for the full AutoCAD.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz - www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

So Valdimir Michl's idea would work the best if I had the full AutoCAD. Not AutoCAD LT. I did find a program, although I'm not for sure how stable/safe it is, that can work with AutoCAD LT and a few other programs called AutoSaver. Again, unsure of how stable/safe so I am not going to look into it. 

I got to agree with pendean, this is more of an HR fight with the employee.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report