Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 - LIST Not showing in Manage Tab

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
msupron
1189 Views, 12 Replies

2024 - LIST Not showing in Manage Tab

Hello, 

We have installed AutoCAD LT 2024 to review how can LISP help in our work organisation, but the "APPLICATIONS" panel, as shown on the preview of LT 2024 does not show up in our workspace. Any idea how to turn it on? 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: msupron

And you are sure this screenshot displaying LT2024 and not LT2023?

(Sorry, but your titlebar doesn't display the productname and the Icon in the same for 2023/2024)

So, command APPLOAD is working, but you missing the button in your ribbon,

what is present in a standard installation of LT2024

Did you "migrate" setting from an older version?

Sebastian

Message 3 of 13
cadffm

ahh I see, you migrated from older versions - so your product is no longer a standard installation with standard settings.

CADffm_0-1680692898433.png

Set the standard workspace active and you will see this ribbon panel.

How to:

Save your current workspace first, because WE don't know about you exact situation.

Command: WSSAVE (choose the current name - I marked it in my picture)

Next step, command: WSCURRENT

Select the original workspace

- - -

How to edit workspace:

https://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/have-you-tried-manage-and-customize-autocad-workspace/

Sebastian

Message 4 of 13
msupron

Yes, I have migrated my previous workspace, as I wanted to keep my layout. What do I need to do to add the panel from the standard "Drafting & Annotation" workspace? Is that something I have to do via CUI Transfer?

Message 5 of 13
cadffm

>>" What do I need to do to add the panel from the standard "Drafting & Annotation" workspace"

Not "from another workspace", just add or remove from a workspace.

>>"Is that something I have to do via CUI Transfer?"

No

CUIX Files containing all panels and tabs,

by WORKSPACEs you can controle which Tab item should showing up / or not.

>>"What do I need to "

Learn more about CUI(X)

Excuse me, but I don't support such (for me unknown) migrated cuix files.

- - -

You can drag&drop the main cuix ribbon/panel/ <name of the application panel>

to your ribbon/tab/manage

Sebastian

Message 6 of 13
pendean

@msupron wrote:

...Any idea how to turn it on? 

Like this right-click action we all can do in LT2024

pendean_0-1680696759958.png

But I did not do a migration like you did because in our office we do not jump into a brand new program without a month or more of testing so that our projects and clients do not suffer

pendean_1-1680696858203.png

Message 7 of 13
msupron
in reply to: pendean

@pendean, Thanks for the solution, unfortunately, right-click in the Manage Tab, under "Show Panel" has only 2 Panels to Choose from and no "Applications".

It might be just easier for me to alter the "Standard" 2024 workspace to fit my needs than trying to solve that... Thanks for your help anyway.

Work Space - Manage Tab.png

Message 8 of 13
pendean

@msupron  then your migration killed that feature, sorry.

Here is how to reset LT2024 back to "factory" settings (skip migration for now):

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-reset-AutoC...

Message 9 of 13
msupron

The Panel shows up when changed to "Drafting and Annotation" (Default) Workspace. But even whilst in this Workspace it does not appear in the CUI. 

I will probably just open standard CUI, modify what I need and overwrite my custom

STD Works Space - CUI.png

Workspace.

Message 10 of 13
cadffm

Wrong cuix file

It looks to me that you added the whole old cuix file .. what's odd and you last Screenshot showing the wrong old cuix file.

We can't know how you set up your program, but it is odd and if you have to ask how&whym

it isn't a good way. (It's okay for someone who knows how to manage cuix, but if not..).

C:\Users\<yourid>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad LT 2024\R30\deu\support\acadlt.cuix

This is the original one

and if you like to continue the way to did,

yes, use the : Transfer Tab in CUI command dialog.

Sebastian

Message 11 of 13
msupron

We have followed recommended installation, with all of the "Import from previous Version" ticks. Can't remember what this included. 

I did not have to transfer CUI settings in a while, and I have too many custom shortcuts/modifications to start from the original file.

I think weirdly changing the workspace to Standard, with the "Old CUI" file might be the way to go forward, as it keeps all my modifications in CUI, and gives me the required Panels, without them showing up in CUI...

Thanks for helping everyone. Hope this partially successful settings transfer will get sorted in the newer versions.

Message 12 of 13
cadffm

Look in CUI dialog, upper left section,

what is the main cuix (path and name)

and what other cuix are loaded in the partial node.

I guess there is one additional one with stuff from your old version.

Sebastian

Message 13 of 13
pendean

"flying blind" seems to be a possible reason

pendean_0-1680699946771.png

If you select the correct CUIx file, does your personal Workspace disappear too?

pendean_2-1680700414201.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report