Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 & 2021 change selection sequence back to old way,

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
hartacus212
7396 Views, 23 Replies

2020 & 2021 change selection sequence back to old way,

Hello I have Autocad 2020 LT installed. In the latest update it has changed the way I can trim items. In the past I would select what items are to be trimmed and select a boundary for the time, hit enter, then select the portion that is to be trimmed. Now, I hit the trim command and just click on the part that is to be trimmed. How do I revert back to the older way?

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Patchy
in reply to: hartacus212

Have you tried PICKFIRST = 1 ?

Message 3 of 24
imadHabash

Hi,

as much as i understand .... if you check PICKFIRST = 1 , any changes ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 24
pendean

In 2021 there are changes to TRIM and EXTEND, it hits <enter> for you by default. Look up WHAT'S NEW in 2021's HELP and read all about it. You can turn it off if you want, read about it in HELP in 2021.

For both versions (just like all the older versions), look up PICKFIRST and PICKADD in HELP too, the listed/recommended settings are shown there are what you want in all of your files, match them up.

HTH
Message 5 of 24
hartacus212

Thanks for the answers. I got an email from Chris and this worked. 

"Hello Thomas,

My name is Chris, and I would like to assist you with your issue.

TRIMEXTENDMODE when set to 0 will put the trim command back the old way.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-...

Thank you,

Chris C.,
Autodesk AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Civil3d Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite"

Message 6 of 24
beththompson

Yes, this worked- thank you. 

Message 7 of 24

My gosh thank you so much.  AutoCAD if it's not broken DONT FIX IT!!!!!!

Message 8 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD or in your case, if you don't want change then don't change software versions, otherwise when you change to newer versions of AutoCAD/LT look up WHAT'S NEW in HELP and read all about the newest changes to the program (aka it is not broken)

pendean_0-1647348017854.png

HTH

Message 9 of 24

Maybe you don’t realize that those who use AutoCAD for a living are forced to update their software versions because old versions of the software no longer support newer versions of DWG file.  You also may not realize that some of us who are using the software on a daily basis don’t have time for “What’s New”.  And when something that has worked fine for 20 years all of sudden doesn’t…….. It’s broken.

Message 10 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD Are you assuming you re the only Autodesk customer on this forum that uses AutoCAD all day long for business? We are all end users just like you, some of us have been doing it for a long time (30+years here), others have not, but those of us that think of AutoCAD as a "tool of our trade" actually take the time to look for changes when we upgrade so we don't fall flat on our faces.

So... get in the habit of learning this tool of your trade, I suspect your customers assume you do. It's not rocket science, and catching up on new changes only takes a few minutes.

Try again? You can do it. We all do.
Message 11 of 24

You assume that somoenoe who dosent read the what's new falls flat on their face or in some way dosent know how to use the software but that's not the case at all.  Wake up guy.  You said it best when you said autoCAD was a tool.  Nobody said Don't add new features to the tool.  But everyone here said dont change the fundamental way the tool works.  Sure add new features that will help speed up productivity but don't change the way fundamentla aspects of the tool works and then make it the new default!   It slows down productivity. 

Message 12 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD Yes I do based on your responses to something you could have looked up and turned off anytime 😉

The Autodesk form to let them know how you wish to see future developments is right here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

HTH
Message 13 of 24

Well again, remind me why I'm left fixing something that was never broken to begin with.  AutoCAD please take note of this exchange.  

Message 14 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD One more time, no one here is "Autodesk".
They are here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback
Message 15 of 24

Dont be stupid,  they're here. 

Message 16 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD Funny, that's pretty much what they say they don't do when you meet the folks in charge at AU. But hey, what do they know, right?
Message 17 of 24

Bro you don't gotta lie to kick it.  Besides you'd believe that?   Sure it make perfect sense.  Don't browse the knowelege network to see what kinds of problems people are having this week.  Where to trolls like you come from?  You must be working for autodesk.

Message 18 of 24
beththompson

Thank you!

Message 19 of 24
beththompson
in reply to: pendean

Hi thank you, I like the other features in the newer version, so I'm all happy now.

Message 20 of 24

@PrecisionDesignsSD Nah, I just like to help folks like you see the light, not much else, whether they want to or not 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report