Strange Alignment lock error message

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
476 Views, 3 Replies

Strange Alignment lock error message

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Land Desktop Companion 2008 SP2

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem with a drawing where upon opening it or picking any alignment menu item I get this error message:

The alignment directory <> is currently locked by <#AlignDatabase#> who is apparently using an older version for the software. You will not be able to access any alignment data until that user is done or the 'hrz alignment' lock is removed.

I can delete the lock manually, Project Manager does not find any locks. But then the message pops up a little while later and the lock file is back in the alignment directory. This is a simple project with no alignments defined. I even moved out all LDD project directories, and they are recreated when I reopen the drawing, along with the lock file. I have one xref of a survey drawing attached (which was a 2004 dwg before saved with LDC 2008.

I am running a recent windows xpsp3 install on a current machine with minimal applications installed, on an XP peer to peer small office network. The project folder is on this same machine, on a shared shared drive for network access.

It's more of an annoyance, but I would like to figure this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been getting the same message for a while. At first, like you said, it was a minor annoyance. Now it won't let me create alignments. I tried repairing my installation which did not fix it and I also tried completely un-installing LDT2008 Companion and re-installing it. This also did not fix the problem. If I find a solution, I'll post it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I also wanted to add that I get the same thing in Land Desktop 2009.
Message 4 of 4
gnperez

I send a request for help to Autodesk and I hope they answer soon, I even installed LD2009 and the same message showed up, it won't allow any alignment editing at all. If they send the solution I will post it.

Gilda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report