Did you mean: 

Zoom to Extents

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
dbrblg
2926 Views, 16 Replies

Zoom to Extents

I have rather an annoying problem with Autocad in that it automatically zooms to extents when the drawing is opened and I want to stop this.

From the command window, I can see this being run:

Command: (COMMAND "_.ZOOM" "_E")

so my first thoughts were some modifications to either acaddoc.lsp or acaddoc2014.lsp neither of which contain this command. 

Are there any functions to determine where these commands are coming from?  I've tried a logfile but this is just logging the commands from the command window but now how they got there......

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
piyush.parihar24
in reply to: dbrblg

Capture.PNG

Above shown are the default files already exist in AutoCAD support folder, The name of the file which you have entered seems to be manually pasted. Go and remove that file from setting/support folder and your problem will be solved.

Please mark this as the solution if it resolves your issue. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Message 3 of 17
RobDraw
in reply to: piyush.parihar24

Maybe it is buried in something that is loading. A good way to check would be to temporarily remove those files to a location that AutoCAD won't check. I'm sure you know already to not just remove them as stated in the other response.

@piyush.parihar24 wrote:

Capture.PNG

Above shown are the default files already exist in AutoCAD support folder, The name of the file which you have entered seems to be manually pasted. Go and remove that file from setting/support folder and your problem will be solved.

Please mark this as the solution if it resolves your issue. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Those files are for loading/running custom routines at opening.

What if there are customizations that are needed in those files?

Arbitrarily deleting those files would cause them to be lost. Always back up your information before making changes like this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 17
jporter

Does this drawing have an xref in it? If so, then is your VISRETAIN system variable set to 1?
Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 5 of 17
piyush.parihar24
in reply to: RobDraw

Those files are for loading/running custom routines at opening.

Problem is while opening the drawing only. If He removes that lisp file from there then automatically it wont zoom and extend.

Agree RobDraw he should copy it separately as a backup file. That was quit understood to keep a backup for any file support file.
Message 6 of 17
dbrblg

Hi,

I actually temporarily renamed these files .old so that I didn't loose them....restarted and still the same problem.

It's not xref related either....

I renamed acad2014.lsp and acadinfo.lsp

Message 7 of 17
RobDraw

@dbrblg wrote:

I renamed acad2014.lsp and acadinfo.lsp

Those are the ones that AutoCAD needs. It's the acaddoc files where the culprit might be.

Have you looked at your start-up suite in APPLOAD? That can point to other locations.

Rob

Message 8 of 17
jporter

Do you have any files being loaded automatically in the StartUp Suite?

Type in APPLOAD and hit enter.  Then what are the contents here?

ZE Issue.jpg

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 9 of 17
dbrblg
in reply to: jporter

Checked out the loaded applications and there are no files which I can see (which I haven't already tries) responsible for this behavior. I also checked out the contents of the startup suite and there is nothing in there.

I'm waiting for my computer to finish a indexing in the hope I can do a contents search on .lsp files for the command string to see whether this yields anything useful.  Going to be tomorrow I suspect before this finishes indexing the speed this is going!!

Message 10 of 17
elshawadfy

Hi @dbrblg,

You may also check the contents of your Startup Suite, and remove it's contents temporarily to see if the problem presists..:

from the command line: Appload (ap) > Startup Suite > Contents> select + remove..

Remove_From_StartUp_Suite.jpg

Regards

Message 11 of 17
jporter

So is this happening only in one drawing?  If so, then. . .

1. Run an AUDIT on the drawing and have it fix any errors?  
  2. If there are xrefs in the file then close out of the drawing and (from a blank drawing) use the RECOVERALL command to fix any errors with the drawing and the xrefs.
  3. Login as another user and see what happens.  
  4. Launch AutoCAD in diagnostic mode to verify there isn't another software on your system interfering with AutoCAD:  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...  

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 12 of 17
Kent1Cooper

@dbrblg wrote:

.... my first thoughts were some modifications to either acaddoc.lsp or acaddoc2014.lsp neither of which contain this command. 

Might you possibly have more than one acaddoc.lsp file around, and it's finding a "wrong" one [with the Zoom E command in it] before it finds the "right" one?  Check all the file path locations in your Support File Search Path list.

EDIT:  Rather, look at the Loaded Applications list in the APPLOAD dialog box, and it will tell you where it loaded acaddoc.lsp from:
AP-loadedlist.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 13 of 17
dbrblg
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

The plot thickens....

I've checked to see whether there are multiple acaddoc.lsp's around and systematically disabled them all temporarily just to see whether they are the cause, but they're not.

I have discovered if I open Autocad without the Autocad Electrical plugin enabled the problem goes away.  This is really interesting, since there is no built in function to automatically zoom, it must be a customization lurking somewhere.....

As it is on a network so that it is shared, I've removed all links to the shared network location and the problem is still there, so I can conclude that it now must reside locally on my laptop.

I've also done a search for the "(COMMAND "_.ZOOM" "_E")" in the contents of .lsp files and nothing comes up.

Message 14 of 17
dbrblg

Ah, all solved.

It was a customization file for Autocad Electrical (not a lsp) and someone had been fiddling Smiley Surprised

So me searching for lsp files was a little fruitless - had to start somewhere though!!

Thanks all for your suggestions and assistance Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
RobDraw

Please share what exactly it was and how you found it.

(Posting a cliffhanger isn't good forum etiquette.)

Rob

Message 16 of 17
dbrblg

The configuration file has a variable WD_OPEN_DWG which acts in a similar way to the acaddoc files and runs whenever a drawing is opened.  This variable was running the lisp command which I saw in the command window - '(command "_.ZOOM" "_E")'. 

It was a simple case of commenting out this line as it wasn't needed.

Message 17 of 17
piyush.parihar24

After copying them in different local disk/different path ( backup ) now delete "c DRIVE" folder from support files. close AutoCAD and again restart it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report