Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref comes to wrong location

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
6571 Views, 4 Replies

Xref comes to wrong location

Hello!

I have a problem - sometimes when I load a xref into a drawing, it comes to wrong location. In both files "base" is "0,0,0" and insertion point is "0,0,0".

Sometimes it helps to close all AutoCAD processes and restart AutoCAD, but this time it does not help.

Does anyone else have this problem and how to solve this?

I tried searching the forum, but I found only solutions with "base" command.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

BASE is the Basepoint for a DWG, when this File import as Block or Xref into another File.

Base should be set to 0,0,0 in the Xref-File
In Target DWG Insert to 0,0,0, if you want the same Place, set ucs to World ucs, then attach the XREF.

Problems with that? Post both DWG

Sebastian

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I will upload "File" and "Xref". In the "File" dwg there is a blue box, that shows the area where xref should be inserted. I deleted everything else from these files - I only need xref to be located in that blue box.

All other xrefs I had were in correct location, this file is the only one I have problems with (right now).

Message 4 of 5
cadffm

Works fine,

in XREF.dwg and FILE.dwg the Main geometric show

between

Befehl: id
Punkt angeben:  X = -10072.5     Y = 108967.8     Z = 0.0
and
Befehl: id
Punkt angeben:  X = 29515.0     Y = 127637.9     Z = 0.0

170420-1.PNG

Sebastian

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, I found that xref file was made so that xrefs in that file had been inserted into random location. Because of that in xref file everything seemed to be OK but when I inserted that xref, it was in "wrong" location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report