Did you mean: 

Wipeout not working

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
rhoscadman
75137 Views, 26 Replies

Wipeout not working

I am having issues in one particular drawing which I have inherited from a colleague.

I cannot seem to make my wipeout frames hide objects behind them. Any other drg, no problem. Just this one.

Is there a toggle or something that disables wipeout?

Yes, I have tried DRAWORDER, and it still doesn't work

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
chinnu.sudhan
in reply to: rhoscadman

Thank you very much, It was been helpful for me.

Message 22 of 27
mc5fan
in reply to: rhoscadman

I still have the same problem. Wipeout has it's own designated layer. There is NOTHING on the Wipeout layer.

Lee M.
Message 23 of 27

Thanks.Turning off hardware acceleration works for me.

But it seems like this is just a temporary measure....

As I tried to turn-on the hardware again ,

My cad file crash and force close, tho I did recovered it back with the drawingrecovery

But the 2D display keep showing some error.

Edit : NB the 2D display error were happened in "graphic performance hardware setup" >>Effect Setting >> 2D Display Setting . It was supposed to have option 'Classic Mode' but somehow after hardware acceleration turned-off and turned-on back again ,it still can't choose the 'classic mode' back.

But the wipeout working again ,so I guess its working somehow.and mine is autocad 2020

I did redo the turn-off and turn-on back to the recovered file and it applied without error re-occurence. If anyone wonder.

I had the wipeout failure after I made region and apply some matlib to the region and put them into my 2Dfaçade  since then every wipeout turn into failure. Even after I changed the visual style back to 2D wireframe from realistic.

I did the ai_draworder and hpddraworder fix to 3, which was the wrong fix as there weren't any error in those from the beginning.

Message 24 of 27
alicerosereinz
in reply to: mc5fan

If it is layer issues, maybe you need to check if it's isolated /hidden or the layer weren't showing first?

You can try checking the layers slowly one by one maybe it will took some time.

Or you can try copy the file, move all items intk layer 0

Delete the rest of the layerss

And re arrange them back to new layer one by one.

Message 25 of 27
mc5fan
in reply to: R4sso

The DV453 device, inside the rev cloud always plots like there is no wipeout. Nothing mentioned here has made it hide the din rail underneath it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe AutocCAD itself has a problem???

Lee M.
Message 26 of 27
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: mc5fan

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/wipeout-plotting/m-p/12014615#M1107716

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 27 of 27
ben13
in reply to: john.vellek

I recently experienced the same issue.

It seems I had caused the problem by not realising I had changed the 'Visual Style' setting. I had switched to the 3D Modelling Workspace to work with a 3D/ .step file. During this process I had changed the Viewport on View Tab to 'Hidden', Not realising this change also had an affect on my 'ACADE & 2D Drafting & Annotation' Workspace. 

Your solution to change the Viewport back to '2D wireframe' resolved my issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report