Did you mean: 

Wipeout does not wipeout in Plot

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
BarryBinns
42409 Views, 14 Replies

Wipeout does not wipeout in Plot

Hi all, I am sorry if this already been asked and answered but I have not found a solution to my specific issue in these forums that works for my instance. I have a very simple dynamic window block (enclosed) that has a wipeout to hide the walls below it, it works (displays) just fine in the model and paperspace but not in any form during plot or print or publish. It does not wipeout the walls in a printout - no matter form - period. I have used "draworder" and all instances are set to "bring to front" where they occur in the drawing, I have tried the wipeoutframe settings all settings and cannot get this to wipeout the wall below when I plot or print or publish. I'm sure the fix is simple - it always is with me but I usually cannot see the forest for the trees. Please help!!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Barry

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: BarryBinns

You have your wipeout on a NOPLOT layer: that means AutoCAD is beng asked to never consider it when plotting. Wipeouts need to be plotted, they are not blank, they are a 'color'.

In your sample, your wipeout is also behind the wall, not in front of it (unless I'm looking at it upside down).

Message 3 of 15
BarryBinns
in reply to: pendean

Thank you Dean for setting me straight - I am new to the use of wipeout and was pulling what I have left of my hair out. And, yes, my wipeout was set behind (regardless of what I said in my post). 4 eyes are better than 2. Thank you
Message 4 of 15
gustavobernardi

I'm having trouble printing the wipeouts just with "DWG to PDF" printer in AutoCAD 2018. If I use another PDF printer no problem.

Specially if the wipeout has many vertex.

Message 5 of 15

I am having an issue with this as well. I have found that making smaller wipeouts will work, but with the number of parts we have, recreating wipeouts is not an option. I have attached an example block.

Erika Bruning
Windows 10.0 64-bit
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2019
Message 6 of 15

I having the same issue with the DWG To PDF.pc3 driver.  Besides going to a different PDF driver, does anyone have a work around?  Or has there been a hotfix?

Message 7 of 15

Unfortunately the problem still happening.

Furthermore I realized that the same ocuurs using the AutoCAD "DWF printer".

Until now, my solution is to explode the masks and recreate the polyline (join command), then using the Wipeout via selecting PL.

You also can use some applications for reducing the number of polyline points before re-converting to Wipeout.

Message 8 of 15

WIPEOUTFRAME (it is a system variable that will either show and plot a wipeout frame or not)

Message 9 of 15

This is not the case. In my case is for some wipeouts (not for all of them) and just on AutoCAD 2018 and using the Autocad embeded printers (dwg to pdf / dwf6 eplot).

Message 10 of 15

Please check to see if your wipeout is drawn on a non-plotting layer. 

Message 11 of 15
erjdesign

I've experienced this problem as well.  What is interesting is that it definitely relates to the complexity of the wipe out.  I use wipeouts in my detail, elevation, and section symbol blocks.  No issue there.  But when I introduced a block of a scale figure to the drawing the wipeouts for it failed on print.  My work around: replace the wipeout in the scale figure block with a solid BG hatch color.  Maybe this work around can help some of you out there.

Message 12 of 15

@gustavobernardi  are you using CTB or STB printing?

David Dillon
Message 13 of 15
abarr

what would we do without you, Dean!  Thanks for another solution!

Message 14 of 15
dva
Contributor

Hi all, I found a solution to the same problem, The wipeout where not hiding objects in the print. The problem was that one wipeout segment where ovelapping onother segment of the same wipeout. So the wipeout lines have not to intersect but also not overlap.

Message 15 of 15
mc5fan

The DV453 device, inside the rev cloud always plots like there is no wipeout. Nothing mentioned here has made it hide the din rail underneath it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe AutocCAD itself has a problem???

Lee M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost