Did you mean: 

Windows 10 compatibility

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
Anonymous
91991 Views, 56 Replies

Windows 10 compatibility

Will Autocad 2014 be compatible with windows 10?

56 REPLIES 56
Message 21 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> but Link to this Information sadly missing

If you have your Internet browser open to see this message ... just scroll upwards and you'll get the item visible which PENDEAN showed in his screenshot.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

sorry, sorry best view with open eyes 🙂 thanks
Message 23 of 57
pendean

2013-2016.PNG

Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

i just  tried to install creative suite 2016 15 14 and 13 and it is not compatible with windows 10 Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 57
pendean

Win10 is not supported yet. Is there a reason you can't comprehend the responses already posted on the topic and the link pointed to in many of the replies?

Win10 may work if you install your software under Win10's Compatibility Mode: look it up in Win10's HELP or at Microsoft/s website. Or roll back to Win8.1/Win7.
Message 26 of 57
Anonymous

Thanks for showing just how rude people still are

Sent from my iPhone
Message 27 of 57
jggerth

Unless one has an extremely compelling reason to migrate to Win10, doing so on a CAD produciton machine is, at the very least, unwise.

**free upgrade /= compelling reason.

Play with it on old hardware that's not mission critical, but unless thats (software testing) is part of a person's official job description, why waste time?

full disclosure:  i've upgraded a home pc form Win7 to Win10, and find it rather a pointless 'upgrade.'  It doesn't do anything I need done any better than Win7, and the time spent locking it down is time i'll never get back.

Message 28 of 57
pendean

Ha! And I even gave you ways to do what you want too: Oh well, I can;t make you pay attention.

If you just can't wait for whatever reason to get Win10 then you can buy this and make it work http://www.longbowsoftware.com
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous

I have been using AutoCAD 2016 on my Tos P755 upgraded to Win 10 for a few weeks now without any problems.

From the difficulties I read others having there seems some issues.

I had AutoCAD 2016 already installed on Win 7 on this Tos P755 since April.  I made the upgrade to Win 10 without any changes to Autocad.

One observation: must keep IE as the default browser for the AutoCAD Help to work.  The Win 10 browser Edge didnt work with AutoCAD 2016.  I have IE 11, Google Chrome, & Win 10 Edge all installed.  They all work, & sometimes I used two at once, say Edge for this board as now & stream mactv on chrome at the same time.

Based on this experience I suggest install AutoCAD first on Win 7 or 8, authorize it, open close a few times to make sure its working.  Then try the upgrade.  Keep IE 9-10-11 & make it the default.  You can still use Edge as it does seem a little faster.

Of course it helps to have a spare pc to try things on.

Message 30 of 57
pendean

Users that can't wait for Autodesk but are having issues with Win10 are starting to report that purchasing a fix from www.longbowsoftware.com works pretty well.
Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

I've loaded Windows 10 for free, and have been having issues ever since with AutoCad LT14. Makes me wonder why I installed it. This version of AutoCad worked better with Windows 7. Wish now that I could go back.

Message 32 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Wish now that I could go back.

You can roll back, there is a option for 30 days after updating to Windows 10. >>>click<<<

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 33 of 57
ampster40

Alfred is correct, you have 30 days to roll back and I would recommend it if you really need to use Acad. Just remember next time an Operating System updates - do not just take their word whether or not "your software is compatible" - research what the software maker states regarding their stance about support. For now, reference a link to the right of your post titled "Windows 10 Support" besides searching the forums here and the net for any possible resolutions.
Message 34 of 57
pendean

Win10 Info From Autodesk:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows-10-support-for-Au...

Roll back from Win10 to Win7/8 if needed:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-8-3615606/
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/windows-10-how-to-roll-back/

BUT… if you can't wait for Autodesk and want to keep Win10 you can buy a fix that works here and skip all the above posted so far http://www.longbowsoftware.com (not affiliated with it, just reporting what others have found as a perfect fix).
Message 35 of 57
Anonymous

I installed Windows 10 AutoCAD 2015.
It works, but slow, tends to freeze despite starting the acceleration of software. Win 8.1 worked well.

any idea how to improve performance?

my laptop have:
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
2 core i7
dedicated graphics card

Message 36 of 57
ampster40

You answered your question yourself. Roll back to Win8.1 while you still can.
Message 37 of 57
pendean

Is there a reason you decided to ignore ALL the same posts and responses already in this thread? They all say pretty much the same thing, roll back.
Message 38 of 57
Anonymous

I apologize for not responding, as my computer was down. But, by doing a further evaluation, it seems that the issues could be from the Adobe Acrobat DC trial version installed as well. I remove the acrobat, and things seem to be working better. So, I'm going to try this test with Windows 10 at least for another day. If issues become more apparent, then I probably will use one of the helpful responses given.

Regards,

Adrian Bond
Estimator/Cad Coordinator
NE-DMI
111-E Corporate Blvd.
South Plainfield, NJ
PH: 908.754.2115
F: 908.755.8913
abond@nedmi.com
www.nedmi.com

[cid:image005.jpg@01D08E64.312C1230]
Message 39 of 57
ampster40

This is the key - for any Win10+Adesk software...trial and error and a bit of troubleshooting, sharing those results publicly...is needed to solve all problems. Keep working at it if at all possible, post your findings, etc. It's the apparently new people (judging by their account creation date for the most part as well as their number of posts) that pop in here stating "me too" but not adding anything relevant to the troubleshooting process - those are the folks receiving the "it's not supported, good luck" responses.
Message 40 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster40

I agree that sharing results is the key to solving problems. That is why I started this thread back in February when I first heard windows 10 was coming out and offering free upgrades. I want to hear about the different issues people are having. It is because of this feedback that I have decided not to upgrade until AutoCad is supported in Windows 10 (I hope this happens before the free upgrade period runs out). My point is that I do research before jumping into something but like many people out there, with work and other commitments I do not have time to study every website, blog, thread or post to find what information might be out there. I'm disappointed with some of the condescending or rude comments on this thread and others that I have seen on this site that may inhibit people from sharing what they are experiencing with this issue. Let's try to keep our comments constructive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report