Did you mean: 

WI folder in AutoDesk

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
benyb.sahagun
14177 Views, 5 Replies

WI folder in AutoDesk

Hello. i just downloaded AutoCad 2019 in the local disk D. then when i check the programfiles in Local Disk D there is an AutoCad 2019 folder in the C:\Autodesk\WI . so im just curious if its content is the same with the one i saved in the Disk D and if i could just delete it.

thanks for the reply

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> C:\Autodesk\WI

The C:\Autodesk folder is like a temporary folder used to umcompress downloads (applications as well as updates) and then start the installation from here.

The WI folder is from an Autodesk Infraworks installation.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

im still confused though, So is it safe to delete the WI folder after installation then?
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> So is it safe to delete the WI folder after installation then?

Yes, you can delete it, because you always have the chance to download and uncompress it again.

The content of the C:\Autodesk folder is not used to start/run programs, it contains only source files for installation.

In case you are staying unsure: you can move that folder to an USB external disk.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
sasea
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

NO IT IS NOT SAFE, it is causing Inventor Updates from Autodesk Desktop app to fail

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: sasea

@sasea wrote:

NO IT IS NOT SAFE, it is causing Inventor Updates from Autodesk Desktop app to fail

This is the AutoCAD forum, not Inventor.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report