Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
torres.norton
1303 Views, 11 Replies

why

this happens always when I open a drawing in autocad 2025 lt......

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Simon_Weel
in reply to: torres.norton

What's the screenshot showing?

Message 3 of 12
JianStewart

Hi Torres,
The icon is Windows notification prompt. When AutoCAD 2025 has these prompts like Plot/Publish Job Complete notification prompt, Unreconciled New Layers notification prompt or Reload Xref notification prompt, AutoCAD 2025 will show the notification icon on task bar.

Please let me know if you have other question.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Stewart Li
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 4 of 12
r.mak3G3S8

Can that windows prompt be disabled? It is 1 of those new but really not needed items.

Message 5 of 12

@r.mak3G3S8 ,

Note:

"Close the notification to have the normal AutoCAD taskbar icon back."

@r.mak3G3S8  wrote:

Can that windows prompt be disabled? ...

If you are referring on turning off notifications in AutoCAD, enable it under the Options> System > InfoCenter:

ValentinWSP_0-1714984461191.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 6 of 12
r.mak3G3S8

Thank you Emilio. I tried those, but it does not remove the exclamation mark from the windows taskbar icon.

Message 7 of 12
JianStewart
in reply to: r.mak3G3S8

Dear user,

Thanks for your question.

Because the exclamation mark comes from Windows, we need to change some setting on Windows Taskbar, please try this on Taskbar setting- if you turn off the badge display, the mark will not show on taskbar. 

Please be aware of that the setting is for Windows, not just for AutoCAD.

You may check the capture to see where it is.

badge-2025.png

Please let me know if you have other question.

Sincerely

Stewart Li
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 8 of 12
r.mak3G3S8

Hi Stewart, thank you for your fast response. However in AutoCAD 2024 and previous versions this mark was not set. So in AutoCAD 2025 somewhere it is set that all of a sudden an exclamation mark was needed. Cannot find any sysvar for it though. If I turn this off in windows, as you mentioned, important unread messages for Teams i.e. are not shown as well.

Message 9 of 12

@r.mak3G3S8 ,

An alternative option would be to change the icon. [Right click Properties on your Taskbar AutoCAD icon]

However, unless an app has extra icons built-in, which isn't the case for most programs, you won't be able to change the taskbar icon easily.

ValentinWSP_2-1714989063919.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 10 of 12
JianStewart
in reply to: r.mak3G3S8

Yes, that's true. It is a new improvement of AutoCAD 2025, so AutoCAD 2024 and previous versions don't have the mark. As I know, there is no sysvar in AutoCAD to control whether an exclamation mark shows or not. If you think it is necessary, I can use a request to track the wish list.

Please let me know your opinion.

Sincerely

Stewart Li
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 11 of 12
r.mak3G3S8

That is an option Emilio, but I rather hope it can be (de)activated as standard option.

Yes please Stewart. As an AutoCAD trainer from version 13 (1994) till now , I've seen it improve.

Now I know it cannot be turned off, I've made my peace with it :-), but a sysvar switch would be nice.

Tank you all.

Message 12 of 12
jreidKVSUZ

Found the settings inside AutoCAD... well, really an Electrical Engineer who is kind of Green at AutoCAD was able to dig deeper than I did to find and solve the problem. While I was searching for Notifications, he searched for Tray.

Why AutoCAD decided to put that in there to let you know you plotted, is just plain crazy. We already have a Plotter Printed pop up to tell us that and make you close out your entire AutoCAD to get rid of it!!!

First thing if you turned off Show Badges On Your Task Bar in your windows settings, turn it back in or you will not get any notifications from Windows that you received Outlook Email, Teams Chat, etc. 

Changing the Icon... well that just did not make any sense. Sorry.

To turn off the annoying ! mark, at the command line inside AutoCAD type:  TRAYNOTIFIY   Then type: 0  

Here is the link to read more about Notifications or Notify:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2025/ENU/?query=traynotify

or while in AutoCAD type: HELP then type:  TRAY

I hope this helps!!!

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Thanks, JRR!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report