Did you mean: 

Why does AutoPublish add "-Model" onto the filename

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
tzimmermann
1294 Views, 12 Replies

Why does AutoPublish add "-Model" onto the filename

Is there a way to have AutoPublish not add "-Model" onto the end of the file name whenever it creates a PDF file?  This is highly annoying.  I want the PDF filename to be exactly the same as the DWG file name.  No extras.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
R_Tweed
in reply to: tzimmermann

Using sheet set manager is an option that will resolve this issue.

What are you publishing?  Is it multiple dwg's "model" views individually?  If you publish or plot a layout or model view into individual files it will append the layout tab name to your pdf file.

Message 3 of 13
pendean

You can't change it: you can use another command (see other post) Or get a file renamer in Windows to remove it for you (lots are free).

Message 4 of 13
tzimmermann
in reply to: R_Tweed

I am just in one drawing at any given time.  When I set save, it triggers AutoPublish, AutoPublish outputs: Filename-Model.pdf

I have no idea what sheet set manager is.  Interestingly when I go into a drawing, there is nothing there that I can find.

Message 5 of 13
tzimmermann
in reply to: pendean

I do not believe that you cannot change it.  Needing an extra script or program to do that shows an obvious flaw in the design of the software then.  Should be able to just output correctly.

Message 6 of 13
pendean

No one here is Autodesk, if you want to complain you can do so here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

If you want to get back to work, AUTOPUBLISH is not auto-customizable, it can only be customized like this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/AutoC...

If you want to use a lisp to PLOT then output what you want, let us know, someone can help get you started with the code.

Message 7 of 13

Still no solution for this issue? 

Message 8 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Luke.vansonsbeek

@Luke.vansonsbeek the solution(s) is right above your "me too" reply. You can also explore using/getting into SSM (SheetSetManager) where you pre-name and pre-number your sheets.

HTH
Message 9 of 13
djwebb
in reply to: Luke.vansonsbeek

For me, I selected multi-sheet file, even though I only have a single sheet PDF, and when I ran "AutoPublish", it gave me the result I was looking for which was FileName.pdf .  If I chose single-sheet file the output would have been FileName-Model.pdf or FileName-Layout.pdf

Message 10 of 13
djwebb

For me, I selected multi-sheet file, even though I only have a single sheet PDF, and when I ran "AutoPublish", it gave me the result I was looking for which was FileName.pdf .  If I chose single-sheet file the output would have been FileName-Model.pdf or FileName-Layout.pdf

Message 11 of 13
KYRYCHOK_IGOR
in reply to: djwebb

Hello,

Could you please clarify in detail where to select "multi-sheet file"? I'm trying to plot "DWG to PDF" from Autocad LT 2023, same problem (annoying "Model" word), haven't found "multi-sheet" nowhere in setting. 

Thank you!

Message 12 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: KYRYCHOK_IGOR
Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: KYRYCHOK_IGOR

@KYRYCHOK_IGOR wrote:

...I'm trying to plot "DWG to PDF" from Autocad LT 2023, same problem (annoying "Model" word), haven't found "multi-sheet" nowhere in setting. 

Not PLOT command.

You want to use PUBLISH command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report