Did you mean: 

Walk/Fly Pop-Up When Panning or 3DOrbit

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
23112 Views, 20 Replies

Walk/Fly Pop-Up When Panning or 3DOrbit

After using Autocad 2015 for a few weeks with no issues, I started to get the pop-up below asking to change to perspective view for walk and fly. It pops-up whenever I try to pan or use 3DOrbit. I've searched around online and have yet to find a solution that works for the problem. I have never used the Walk or Fly commands in Autocad so I don't know what could have changed. The issue started to happen after I imported a Solidworks (.x_t) model into Autocad. I've done this before several times without any issues. 

Walk/Fly Pop-Up

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi alexander.mathis,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Try entering WALKFLYSETTINGS and select the Never radio button. Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

Unfortunately selecting "Never" in the 'walkflysettings' does not suppress the pop-up for either panning or 3DOrbit. 

Message 4 of 21
john.vellek

Hi alexander.mathis,

Thanks for your quick response.  

In this case I believe that we need to verify that your user profile is not damaged.  Can you create a new local administrator account for your workstation, logon as that account and see if the issue persists?

You can also go to the Windows Control Panel>Programs and run a repair. IIf that does not work the next step is to try and Reset Settings to Default.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

John,

I do not have the ability to create another account on my workstation. I tried repairing the program through the control panel and the issue still persisted. I then reset the settings to the defaults but the pop-up still appears for both commands.

Message 6 of 21
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

OK, make this tough 🙂

Let's try this then:

use 3dFORBIT and then rt click in the drawing space.

Select Free orbit, disable Orbit AutoTarget

Parallel

Visual Styles- 3D Wireframe or Wireframe

Visual Aids - UCS icon

Next in Options on the 3D Modeling tab, go to the Visual Style while creating 3D objects and select By Viewport

Under 3D Navigation>Walk and Fly Select Never.

Capture.PNG

If this still doesn't work, then exit the application, restart your computer. Then again try a repair.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

Hi John,

I'm not quite sure what the magical combination was, but mixing all of these tips with a couple system restarts seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help

Message 8 of 21
shayehi

I have had this same issue several times in the past 2 months. I have gone to this forum to try and solve this issue with no luck.

So I am here to offer a suggestion when this particular occasion arises with this walk and fly pop-up when panning or 3d orbit.

If and when this occurs:

Step 1 - Exit out of command and close the program.

Step 2 - Open the project up again and open the drawing file you were working in.

Step 3 - Try to pan (If pop-up menu comes back, exit command and press cancel)

Step 4 - Press "Ctrl" and Press down on the middle Mouse Wheel Button and move the mouse around. (This initiates the Transparent Orbit Command)

These steps listed seemed to have reset the pan or orbit command.

Now, my workstation functions properly again.

Message 9 of 21
jim.poole

Alas - none of these tips seem to work.

Anyone else explain why whenever I use free orbit, it leaps into walk / fly mode and perspective settings?

I've deleted my .aws file but no effect..

HELP!!!

Message 10 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: jim.poole

I'm the last person to offer technical support...but I've stumbled onto the quick fix for this issue.

In the upper left corner of the drawing area where you see [-][Top][X-ray]

The [X-ray] is the visual style control. If you left click on [X-ray] the Visual Styles Control Pop-up menu will come on. Click on 2D Wireframe.

The problem will be fixed!

Message 11 of 21
paul

It happened to me while working inside a viewport.  I simply deleted the viewport, created a new one, and the problem was gone.

Message 12 of 21
paul

It happened to me while working inside a viewport.  I simply deleted the viewport, created a new one, and the problem was gone.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

SELECT THE ENTIRE PROJECT. COPY AND PASTE A NEW DRAWING SHEET. DELETE YOUR OLD PROJECT. THE SETTINGS ON THE NEW PAGE WILL BE NORMAL. A MODIFIED SETTING IS VALID ONLY ON THE CURRENT PAGE. YOU GET RID OF THE PAGE AND YOU GET RID OF THE PROBLEM... ::). I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. SO I FIXED IT.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

Still a problem in Autocad 2019

Message 15 of 21
C3D_TomR
in reply to: paul

This happened on a coworker's computer. He was working in model space with two viewports (Two: Vertical layout, one plan view, one 3d view). After making the settings changes previously suggested and rebooting his computer, I asked him to:

1. Set the plan view viewport current. (The one that was working as expected.)
  2. Set the viewport layout to single. [Click View tab > Viewports panel > Viewport Configurations > drop-down arrow > Single]
  3. Set the viewport layout to the original layout (in our case: Two:Vertical).
  4. Test the view settings in the new viewport.

This workflow resolved the issue for him.

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: jim.poole

Same here. I tried everything in this thread. 

The only thing that works is re-booting the computer. 

WHY CAN'T WE FIX THIS PROBLEM, AUTOCAD?!

Message 17 of 21
nadiakBMNJ6

I have just gaven up on the model I was working on due to this. I am either going to go insane trying every single fix I can find to make this go away just for it to appear again or leave drafting and become a shepherd in Ireland. 

Message 18 of 21
fabrice.judR8SHP

Hello, 
After many unsuccessful tries tro get rid of this pop up, i found the solution in your post. 
Very thankful greetings to you!

BR
Fabrice

Message 19 of 21

Thank you!

When the walk/Fly dialog window popped up I checked the box, but it also set my view to 3D perspective and my View Style to 3D view Style that needs to be 2D Wireframe. It is working well now!

Message 20 of 21
wallyssongilVXVTE

Just press 7+NumLock, if it doesn't work, just press it again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report