Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility Mapping 2D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2694 Views, 1 Reply

Utility Mapping 2D

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on the AutoCAD software, and also the process involved in creating a 2D drawing showing multiple utility underground cables.

I'm currently on a course to learn the basics of AutoCAD software (2019), with the goal of eventually being able to draw my own utility plans.

To give you an idea of what I mean by utility plans - I could have, say, 10 individual, PDF maps, at various scales, and from different utility suppliers, each showing their underground networks (electricity, gas, fibre etc.).

I would like to be able to put this information together on a single drawing, at a set scale, with each utility as it's own layer. I would need to have an OS tile as my base map, to then be able to overlay or trace the utility routes to.

So, really, what I'm asking is - can I do this on AutoCAD 2019, and - if anybody knows - how would I actually go about putting this together?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advancecad sample.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. Some cities use AutoCAD for utility maps. Attach pdfs, trace.  There's no need for a single drawing though. Use xrefs to attach individual drawings into a master grid.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report