Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Preference Settings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
527 Views, 6 Replies

User Preference Settings

I am running AutoCAD 2000, the problem I have encontered is on the User Prefernces Tab. Windows Standard Behavior, Right Click Customization will not maintiain settings from session to session. Please advise...anyone...this is maddening...

Thanks,

Steve McDaniel

Kingman, Az. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So what changed since that 16+year old software was current? Or have you put up with this issue for that long? Something changed... .

Perhaps you are loading an external AutoCAD ARG profile file and it is doing that for you. Or you have something changing DBLCLICKEDIT or SHORTCUTMENU variables for you. Or your Windows Registry file is corrupt and AutoCAD cannot write to it.
Message 3 of 7
dany_rochefort
in reply to: Anonymous

- In the options menu : Set your right click customization as desired 

- In the options menu : Go to Profiles, Select Add to List, & set your profile name then apply & close

- Re-select the profile you have just created & click Set Current, apply, ok 

Should be that simple, let me know if it works out.

Best regards, 

Dany

ps. Autocad 2000 works just as well as newer versions in my opinion.  

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: dany_rochefort

So does R12DOS 😉
Message 5 of 7
dany_rochefort
in reply to: pendean

Hey Dean, what type of work do? Are you a developer? Which 2015-2016 commands are you using anyways ?

I've spent 14 years designing in engineering offices and i am still using the same 25 commands i did when i was learning autocad on version 2000.

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: dany_rochefort

I'm an end user of AutoCAD just like you, in the AEC industry, been using AutoCAD since R0009 in DOS and currently using R2016. I find that I pick up new commands and methods of doing things along the way but if your "25 commands" are core functions that's probably correct for all of us users.
Message 7 of 7
dany_rochefort
in reply to: pendean

That's cool !   Have a nice friday ! Cheers Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report