Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized version and cannot be read

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
adminJUMPG
235 Views, 1 Reply

Unrecognized version and cannot be read

I was using Advance steel in the morning all fine (Didn't mess around with any settings or system files. I was only outputting some single part plate details). Closed it. Went to use it again in the afternoon and now it is opening a blank Drawing1 on start up and continuously bringing up a window saying: unrecognized version and cannot be read.

I have followed the solution: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unrecognized-versi...

I have deleted all files in the templates folder and created a new template file so it is the only thing in there.

I have made sure all Advance Steel/AutoCAD/Licensing updates have been downloaded and installed

The error also appears whenever I open any of my previously working .dwg / .dxf / .dwt files.

I have even tried every value of the STARTUP command and the error still persists when opening any drawing file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adminJUMPG
in reply to: adminJUMPG

Update: 

I have backed up all my files. Uninstalled AS2024 and re-Installed AS2025.

This seems to have fixed the problem for all of 10 minutes.

I was doing some test loading of random .dwg's from my backups, I was about 5 files loaded until one of them triggered the error. I then tried to open the previous 4 files and each one of them now had the error. I closed AS and re-opened and was met with the blank Drawing1 .dwg instead of the fresh template I had just set up along with a waterfall of error windows.

I uninstalled/re installed again, tried some different .dwgs and same result after a few files. 

Update2: I uninstalled / reinstalled and was able to open all of my models, so I thought the problem was fixed.
I was in the the ASTemplate.dwt adding some extra base linework for ref point 0,0,0. I clicked on the View tab then properties tool and the error popped up again.
Once again, now when I open AS it brings up a blank Drawing1 with the mountain of error windows and now none of my models open without the error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report