Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding edit lin file to create linetype incl. text to show proper

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edenbU7RGS
180 Views, 3 Replies

understanding edit lin file to create linetype incl. text to show proper

I reads many guides which describe how to edit the lin file to create linetype incl. text.

I tried to understand it by making trial and error but still something is not completely understand. 

I just want the line will show the text itself and a little space before and after, like in the "WR Ø4" in the screenshot below. 

I couldn't make it for the two other lines the circle in red. 

edenbU7RGS_0-1718285245157.png

*DCW-Pump 1.5inch,DCW-Pump 1½" ---- DCW-Pump 1½" ---- DCW-Pump 1½" ---- DCW-Pump 1½" ----
A,.9,-1,["DCW-Pump %%c1%%189%%34",WinHeb_D2W,S=.1,U=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-1

so what's the ratio should be between the valves? or maybe not ratio just other method? im talking about the valves: ".9" "-1" and "-1" in the end of string.

Topic: Modifying line types in Autocad (foresoft.com)

Creating Custom AutoCAD Linetypes (thecadmasters.com)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: edenbU7RGS

Share that DWG file in your screenshot please.

Message 3 of 4
edenbU7RGS
in reply to: pendean

there it his

Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: edenbU7RGS

You would need to either increase the -1 at the end [the "pen-up" distance], or use a font in the WinHeb_D2W Text Style definition that has narrower characters or closer character spacing.  Unfortunately, you can't just reduce the width factor in the Style definition -- in linetype text inclusions, the Style's width factor seems to be ignored -- so if you want the text to fit in the gap you have at the height you have, you'll need a font with a "native" width that is narrower.  That's why it's probably easier to increase the pen-up distance.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report