Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue PDF Print: images sometimes doesn't not show

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
tiziano.brandolino
696 Views, 14 Replies

Issue PDF Print: images sometimes doesn't not show

Often when I try to print a PDF from DWG, the images doesn't  show - then I repeat the print command without doing anything anche the images will show - I have to try many times...

Is it a knownege issue? It's really frustrating!

Software: AutoCAD 2022 - Printer: AutoCAD PDF.pc3

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Make sure you are aware of the current layer when you place them.  If the current layer is non-plot, the image will not plot also.

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 15

@tiziano.brandolino wrote:

...print a PDF from DWG, the images doesn't  show

...then I repeat the print command ...the images will show...

Software: AutoCAD 2022 - Printer: AutoCAD PDF.pc3

No, no such issues exist for most of us. 2022 is not new, is the issue in ALL of your files EVERYWHERE?

Or just this one file?

Also... "autocad pdf" is not a stock PDF driver, try one of those others instead, and ensure have you installed the 2022.1.3  Update (ABOUT command in your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed) If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

HTH

Message 4 of 15

Aint's that problem.

For exemple:

I print the DWG and the PDF printed shows only 2 images of 3 of total on DWG.

I printa again the same PDF from the same DWG WHITOUT DOING NOTHING and the images for some reason (magic?) will show.

Sometimes I have to repeat the print many many times for showing all images.

Message 5 of 15

With all DWGs - I'll try to change the PDF printer.

Which is the Autodesk one for PDFs?

Message 6 of 15

With all DWGs - I'll try to change the PDF printer.

Which is the Autodesk one for PDFs?

First you need this installed

pendean_0-1718290534644.png

Then use one of these

pendean_1-1718290596348.png

Message 7 of 15

I'll try, Thanks!

Message 8 of 15

Better, but the problem doesn't go away completely - often all images are printed, sometimes no...

Message 9 of 15

Better, but the problem doesn't go away completely - often all images are printed, sometimes no...

Message 10 of 15

use ETRANSMIT command while the problem DWG file is open in AutoCAD, share that ZIP file over here: we need to touch and use your own file/images please.

and share one or more of your PDFs too for comparison.

Message 11 of 15

Sorry, but it's useless: I can print the PDF of the same DWG for 10 times and the problem could appear only 3 times.
It inspiegabile. Maybe it's a problem of my PC/System.

Message 12 of 15

...Maybe it's a problem of my PC/System.

If you say so: most of us do what you are not able to do all day long with zero issues.

Message 13 of 15

Maybe the question is how did you XREF the PDF into your drawing? Are you sure it is a PDF or IMAGE.

Start new and make a new Layer with color 255. Using 255 will stop the boarder lines being black around your images. Sometimes you may still need to do IMAGEFRAME set to 0. But this way you will know if the problem still exists, it will not be a layer issue.  

If you using IMAGES, Paste them into your drawing on the same layer and color 255 as above and use METAFILE. 

If you want your images to print in color, you must select the image and change the Plot Quality to HIGH Graphics.

Another idea to try and what Mr. Pandean suggested was another PDF printer. There are several to choose from. We always use AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File).pc3 because we are only printing lines. No need to high quality. Also, we use Sheet Sets and the Quality set to 400 / 200. 

See pasted reference below or download the file for review. Hope this helps.

Thanks, JRR.

jreidCDS28_0-1718891162853.png

jreidCDS28_1-1718891182912.png

jreidCDS28_2-1718891198199.png

Message 14 of 15

@tiziano.brandolino ,

Take a look at these suggestions:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 15 of 15

Thanks, I'll try with these.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report