Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make my 2-inch tube frame look like steel tubing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
380 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to make my 2-inch tube frame look like steel tubing.

OK, I've used Autocad to do simple 2D electrical drawings, but I'm new to 3D stuff.  I'm not trying to be an Autocad expert, but wouldn't mind being able to plunk out a little project here & there, and make other people understand what I'm trying to do, with some drawings.

I've attached my simple little project.  It basically consists of a frame, that's supposed to be made out of 2-inch square tubing.  It's two rectangles together with holes drilled through each corner.  I'm currently trying to fill in the wire frame and make it look like a steel tube frame.  Any advice?  And, yes, I'm sure it's simple for you, but I'm new to this.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ara_neresesian
in reply to: Anonymous

HI

Please see attached,

you can use  isometric view ,like SW Isometric and shade it,

or you can put ucs on the top face and fill it by hatch.

good luck 

Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

Hi,

you can try :

• check if your Viewcube is ON in your upper right model space ( NAVVCUBE command ) . 
  • The Home button displayed near the ViewCube rotates the model to a three-fourths view or a user-defined view while performing a fit-to-view.
  • now from the Visual Style Controls in your upper left model space start change your visual style as needed .

vs.png

Message 4 of 4
Patchy

Draw outer and inner shapes, sweep the frame then subtract out the holes,

or draw the outer shape, sweep it around then use Shell for thickness, subtract out the holes.

There are a few ways.

Sweep.JPGSubtract.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report