Did you mean: 

Trying to Hatch a 3d Object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
679 Views, 4 Replies

Trying to Hatch a 3d Object

I'm only slightly smarter than the average bear when it comes to AutoCAD, and no searching of the forums is helping me... I've made a pyramid out of lines in 3d space, and I just want to fill the surfaces of the shape, or "hatch" I know is the preferred term.

I've searched the google and everyone says Hatch only lives in 2d space.  They say to convert to solid, but I can't get convtosolid to actually take my lines and do anything.  Google also tells me to extrude, but I don't know how to extrude to a point.

Help please!

-A Lost C4D Animator

P.S. If you're very interested in my very rudimentary drawing, it is attached.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

UCS -> FACE -> Pick 3 corners of one of the triangle and hatch that triangle. Repeat this for all 4 triangles.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

SALMANUL FARIS

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

That worked!  Thanks!

Can you explain why that worked?

Message 4 of 5
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

Basically HATCH is a 2d Element. If you want to apply it to a isometric face, the UCS is the one to let know the HATCH that it is on this isometric surface the the user need the 2d HATCH to be applied. 

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 5 of 5
HyperFibre
in reply to: S.Faris

Hi. How about for 3D solids with curves or cylindrical shapes? I also found your suggestion about UCS helpful in putting a hatch in 3D objects, but it doesn't seem to work for parts that involve curves (like rounded corners). Is there any way to hatch such surfaces as well?

I have a sample 3D attached below. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report