Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to draw specific Trapezoids with 4 edges. Helps please.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
318 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to draw specific Trapezoids with 4 edges. Helps please.

Hello those trapezoids in drawings aren't giving much info except 4 dimensions and I need 5th dimension to draw such things. Been searching in youtube and forums yet most of them fails when verifying. 

https://imgur.com/a/WVyiqQ4

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... those trapezoids in drawings aren't giving much info except 4 dimensions and I need 5th dimension to draw such things. ....

Clarify something....  Does the circling of numbers inside some of them mean anything here?  The ones with that circling are all triangles, so I assume not.  The others are not  trapezoids [which would have two opposite sides parallel ], but merely quadrilaterals.

If you're talking about the quadrilaterals, then yes, you need some additional piece of information -- an angle between two adjacent edges, for example -- to draw them.  Without that, there are an infinite number of solutions  for any given combination of edge lengths.

Quadrilateral1234.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Assumed so. Thank you. I wish there was a way.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is possible for the triangles in your image.

Draw one edge the specific length. At each end, draw a circle where the radius equals the length of the side you want to draw. The intersection point of the two circles should be the third point of your triangle. (No way to determine if they will be oriented correctly as there's no rotation given)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report