Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Creating a Title Block..help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
321 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble Creating a Title Block..help!!

How do a create an editable title block?? The company I internship for has a very advanced title block, where you just click the text and you are able to edit every section in one pop up window. I am currently a teaching assistant for a cad class at my university, and am trying to create a title block for students to turn all their assignments in on, but cannot figure out how to get the attributes how I want them. I have full understanding of how to create the lines/block to size so it'll fit in the layout/paper space, just am unable to get the text part figured out. I want some text to be part of the block and unable to edit (Name: / Date: / Project: etc) then after that I was a space where they can just click and the text will then be editable. 

Hope this makes sense to everyone,

Thanks!

Derrick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Create all the linework for your titleblock

Add all the attributes you want or need , command ATTDEF

Once you have all the attributes in place, create a block definition.

Upon insertion of the block, you will be prompted for the attribute values.

Message 3 of 3
M_Hensley
in reply to: Anonymous

In addition to leothebuilder's response, when making the block the order that you select the atrributes in will be the order they display in the editing box. To change the order after the block has been made use the BATTMAN command. (Also make sure every attribute has a unique tag value or the editor may have trouble telling them apart.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report