Did you mean: 

Toolbar blocking minimise button

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
doug57HQX
3778 Views, 8 Replies

Toolbar blocking minimise button

Hi all, pretty sure this has been asked before but I can not even find out what this annoying object is let alone get rid of it. But as you can see it is fixed in position across the minimise button I can not delete it, I can not move it, I am at my wits end. Yes I can make the search phrase box disappear but that is it. I would like it gone, forever, never to come back.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. It has been a pain in my side for 4 years, just like the unkillable pop up balloons that will not disappear no matter how many times you tell them not to.

.ANNOY.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
beyoungjr
in reply to: doug57HQX

Can you find your "Workspace" switching icon?

Switch to another workspace then back to your desired one.  The screen elements will go back to original positions.

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 3 of 9
doug57HQX
in reply to: beyoungjr

Thanks for the reply, but Autodesk had already figured that out, so as soon as I start AutoCAD again, it appears in this position again. Which I think seems to be the point, to minimise AutoCAD, you have to close it down, then when you restart it, bang there it is again.

Must have taken a huge amount of time and expense to get this to the perfect position to prevent you from minimising, no wonder they have locked it in position so it can't be moved 😕

Message 4 of 9
beyoungjr

They don't lock it into a position to block the minimize button.  I am guessing that the position is due to your screen resoluion and space conflicts on the top bar of the ACAD application window.

Blaine Young

Message 5 of 9
beyoungjr

Just found it on a prior post... Disable Comm Center.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/how-to-shut-down-communication-center/td-p/3765170

Cheers,

Blaine

Blaine Young

Message 6 of 9
doug57HQX
in reply to: beyoungjr

I am most grateful, unfortunately all those solutions seem to have been removed from my version (I am on LT 2018). It is not a screen res issue, it happens on all my machines and has done since 2015 issue. Usually maximising, then windowing then maximising puts it back, but the point is I should be able to move it or disable it, I can not (or I have to download a third party software).

I really appreciate your help, will contact Autodesk direct and post the answer.

Message 7 of 9
devilbanjo

Did you ever figure this out?  I have been struggling with this for years... Kind of insane.

Message 8 of 9
doug57HQX
in reply to: devilbanjo

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I have the same problem before, I solved it without removing the communication center.

Go to desktop --> right Click --> Display Settings --> Select the recommended Display Resolution. then turn off the 3D Display mode.

Hope this helps and works for you. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report