Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1317 Views, 9 Replies

To Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid

I am using AutoCAD 2019 and would like to Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid. The Autodesk knowledge (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...), Step 3 gives a clear advise

1. Click Mesh Modeling tab
  2. Convert Mesh panel
  3. Convert to Solid.

However, I cannot find a button step 2 and 3. See screenshot attached. Please help in finding the right buttons. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Johanna_Esteban
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous , 

Use command by keyboard CONVTOSOLID.

More info convtosolid.

Regards,

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Dame Kudos! 😉
Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Johanna_Esteban

If I put "CONVTOSOLID" into the command line and press enter, it results the message "command unknown" (translated from German). Please advise. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
beyoungjr

Have you tried SURFSCULPT?

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 5 of 10
s.borello

I created a screencast for you showing how to convert 3D mesh to 3D solid... I navigate to the button you are looking for in the screencast... hope you find it useful.

https://autode.sk/2WQM1PC

Message 6 of 10
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:
If I put "CONVTOSOLID" into the command line and press enter, it results the message "command unknown" (translated from German). Please advise. Thank you.

If you use a german AutoCAD (I assume) and you want to type the english commands, you have to add a leading underscore (e.g. _convtosolid, or _surfsculpt and so on).

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

Hi @j.palmeL29YX

Could you please close AutoCAD, open it and look for the command again ?.

It has happened to me that AutoCAD does not recognize commands, several, especially if I suspend the PC, restart, suspend and finish 4 days for example without turning it off.

Try it, please.

Regards, 

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Dame Kudos! 😉
Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 8 of 10

@Johanna_Esteban wrote:

Hi @j.palmeL29YX

Could you please close AutoCAD, open it and look for the command again ?.

Try it, please.

I guess this answer should be adressed to @Anonymous  ?

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> However, I cannot find a button step 2 and 3

Well, looks like you have modified your workspace as in your screenshot the ribbon "3D-Werkzeuge" does not exist in any of the default AutoCAD workspaces.

You might try now to change to an existing workspace (as long as the AutoCAD original ones are not removed), so select the workspace "3D-Modellierung".

20190209_054037.png

After that you'll find these missing points (2 and 3) of your original post/question:

20190209_054246.png

- alfred -

PS: es gibt auch ein deutsches AutoCAD Forum >>>hier<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 10
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Well, it's a little off topic, but a current problem of @Anonymous :

An additional hint (assuming you have a german AutoCAD. In AutoCAD LT it doesn't work):

If you know the english command name and wish to get the german one, you can type into the command line (getcname "_engl-command-name") and you will get the german one. Don't forget the parenthesis, the quotation marks and the leading underscore.

Befehl: (getcname "_circle")
"KREIS"

This also works visa versa:

Befehl: (getcname "Kreis")
"_CIRCLE"

And not least I can recommend this site.

HTH
cadder

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report