Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Style

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
607 Views, 5 Replies

Text Style

Hi, I have got a title block with the text style 'arial' set within the block. However, within my drawings the text style remains as 'standard'. The block works as it should in some of my drawings (with text as 'arial') but in others it shows as standard. Would anybody be able to help me with this as I am baffled.

Thanks, Tom.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I have got a title block with the text style 'arial' set within the block. However, within my drawings the text style remains as 'standard'. The block works as it should in some of my drawings (with text as 'arial') but in others it shows as standard. ....

Welcome to these Forums!

You may be confusing the Style of a piece of Text with the Font assigned to that Style.  The "Standard" Text Style can have any font assigned to it -- it doesn't have to keep the default TXT font that it starts with [in AutoCAD's initial default drawing template, that is -- you can give "Standard" a "permanent" different default font if that's what's assigned to it in your default drawing template file].  Could it be that in your Title-Block drawing, you have the Arial font assigned to the "Standard" Style name, and that the Style assigned to those Text elements is actually "Standard?"  If so, those Text elements will have the Arial appearance in the Title-Block drawing, but will keep their "Standard" Style assignment when brought into another drawing.  If that other drawing still has the default TXT Font assigned to the "Standard" Style, that's what those Text elements will look like there.  If that's the problem, you can either assign the Arial font to the "Standard" Style in all drawings, or you can make a differently-named Style with Arial assigned in the Title-Block drawing, and make sure that's the Style assigned to the appropriate Text.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

Text Styles are stored in the drawing, and the Text Style name does not necessarily indicate the font that's being used.  Within the Text Style dialog box, compare one of the drawings that display the text correctly with one that does not to see if the "Arial" Text Style is using the same font in both drawings.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your help. However, I have not found a solution to the problem. The text fonts within the text styles are both arial. The text within the block, however, is actually a block attribute as opposed to text or mtext if this makes any difference.

Regards,

Thomas Tarling
Apprentice Technician, Highways & Transportation
ATKINS

Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW | Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756251

Email: thomas.tarling@atkinsglobal.com | Web: www.atkinsglobal.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/atkinsglobal | Facebook: www.facebook.com/atkinsglobal
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/atkins | YouTube: www.youtube.com/wsatkinsplc

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc. Registered in England No. 1885586. Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies registered in the United Kingdom and locations around the world can be found at http://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for your help. However, I have not found a solution to the problem. The text fonts within the text styles are both arial. The text within the block, however, is actually a block attribute as opposed to text or mtext if this makes any difference.

Message 6 of 6
hencoop

Block definitions are unique in each drawing.  It could be that the drawings have different "versions" of the block definitions and the style difference is in those definitions.  Locate the drawing that has the block definition that shows the style as you want it.  Use ADC to insert the correct block definition into the problem drawing, updating the block definition.  Alternatively, you can Wblock the "good" block definition and then insert it into the problem drawing.  Just be sure to tell AutoCAD to update the existing block definition in any case.

You can cancel the Insert command after the definition is updated or complete the insertion and then delete the newly inserted block because all you really need is the new definition, not the new insertion.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report