Text Style Height

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2060 Views, 2 Replies

Text Style Height

Hello,

I got an already done AutoCAD file and I just need to change the text. The thing is I need to decrease font size, since there is a lot of text I have to do it through styles, but when I open Modify styles panel height is set to 0. So here is a screen shot http://prntscr.com/i0epq6, maybe someone with more experience can tell what is it about.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> when I open Modify styles panel height is set to 0

That is a usual setting, this means that all text you create can have an individual setting.

In case the style has a height (<> 0.0) defined, then you can not assign different height values to different text objects with the same style.

>> I just need to change the text

At least you can select text objects and use the property window to assign a different height.

You can use command _QSELECT to select text objects with height X and then change the height in the property window (in that case be careful to start with the biggest text objects)

But more complex is: there are a lot of objects containing letters (and numbers) like text, mtext, attributes (in block-insertions), dimensions, leaders, ...

And for all none mtext-objects changing the text height to a bigger values means you have to reposition the objects near to that. Imagine you have 2 dimension objects, one above the other. Modifying the text height could then result in the need to reposition the upper dimension object.

Changing text height is quite more complex than just change one value. That depends on the drawing content.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think QSELECT option will work fine for me.

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report