Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text position to Block (depending on the content of the text)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
545 Views, 1 Reply

Text position to Block (depending on the content of the text)

Hello,

I have an exported DWG from the DIALux (software for professional light planning).

The index of every light point is represented by a text from 1 to 2 and so on. All in the same layer.

I want to use the position of the text and replace it with a block I created (LC4_01 & LC4_02).

It is a simple bock, it doesn't have any attribute. I only want to place my block in the same position of the current text.

The following image is representing what I want to automatically replace:

doubt2.JPG

I also want to use it in case I have more numbers and more blocks (maximum of 60). For example: number 60 to be replaced by the block LC4_60.

Find attached the dwg file for your reference.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @andrea_sc_93 

I have modified the lisp created by tharwat to suit your needs. At first, you need to create a block with an attribute and then use the lisp to replace it with the text. The following screencast shows how it works.

Note that I have created a block with the name "LC4" containing an attribute with tag named"TAG" and modified the lisp as per this. If you change the block name or tag then the attached lisp won't work for you and you would require to modify it to work🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report