Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in my custom tool palette going to the bottom without changing anything.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ShricharanaB
449 Views, 4 Replies

Text in my custom tool palette going to the bottom without changing anything.

Hi, 

I have created a tool palette from scratch, which has multiple palettes. Each palette has multiple blocks that are grouped by block type. By group I mean I've added separators and text at the top for identification of these. 

The issue is in some palettes (not all) the text is going to the bottom of the palette when I load the palette again. Even adding new text moves it down to the bottom no matter where I place it. 

Am I missing a step here? How can I fix this? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: ShricharanaB

Post edits are not part of your palette data. Because of this, by reload the palette,  you get the creation order.

S: Per palette

Select all item of your palette, copy and paste it. 

This way the sort order become new as creation order.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 5
ShricharanaB
in reply to: cadffm

Hi, thank you for the reply.

That seemed to have work for me. 

So any time I need to update a palette, I have to update the current palette > create a new palette > copy paste everything from old palette to new palette > delete the old palette > rename the new palette > then in the customize palette manu > add the new palette to the group the old palette was previously in also re-arrange the palette sequence in the customize palette menu. Seems like a lot of work for a simple update!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 4 of 5
ShricharanaB

Now I'm struggling with the group!

So I created the new palette and deleted the old one. Which removed it from the group it was in. I'm now unable to update the group, tried deleting and group and creating a new group even then its not working. 

Message 5 of 5
ShricharanaB

I managed to fix it. The tool palette groups are saved in the profile not the tool palette files. So I had to update the group and export the profile to save it. Keep in mind that this is all being done to distribute to multiple users. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report