Sync drawings in autocad on multiple computers

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ange_tm_97
6084 Views, 7 Replies

Sync drawings in autocad on multiple computers

Hello,

I use autocad 2019 on mac and pc and I was wondering if there is a solution for automatic syncing drawings between multiple devices? For example, creating a new drawing in Autocad on one computer, saving it on cloud and when I open autocad from another computer I should click open file and selecting that drawing from cloud. (I hope that I made myself understood) 

Is there a service for such a thing? I use autocad web app but its not really integrated because you have to download files if you want to work on them in autocad.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
S.Faris
in reply to: ange_tm_97

I don't think the files need to be downloaded, check this video : AutoCAD 2019: Save to Web and Mobile

and this article : To Open Drawings Stored Online

You can just click on the "Open from AutoCAD Web & Mobile" and open the file from the dialog box

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 8
ange_tm_97
in reply to: S.Faris

Okay, that makes sense, thanks! 

One question: once a drawing is saved on the cloud, does it update automatically when I save the drawing (locally on the device)? or do I have to save it manually to the cloud to "update" the drawing?

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 8
S.Faris

once a drawing is saved on the cloud, does it update automatically when I save the drawing (locally on the device)?

If you opened the file from cloud, it will save back to cloud. But if you opened a copy of your file which is saved locally then it will only update the local file. I hope you get the idea.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

There's a few third party plug-ins which do this.  But they *all* copy the files to the local computer, even if it's behind the scenes. You don't want be held up by access speeds, or have files locked up if a connection is dropped. Because DWG files are single-user access the cloud storage needs to keep others out of a file, otherwise there's a risk of last one in "wins".

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
stevenbransom
in reply to: dgorsman

Is this possible for AUTOCAD2020 LT FOR MAC?

Message 7 of 8
mmdr7c
in reply to: stevenbransom

following!

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mmdr7c

@mmdr7c The topic of this thread is a wishlist that's never been implemented. if you want it, request it here and it may show up in 2-5-10-20years from now https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

or switch to a software package that does that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report