SWITCH FROM ONE SUBSRIPTION TO A NEW ONE

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chris.cdservices
335 Views, 2 Replies

SWITCH FROM ONE SUBSRIPTION TO A NEW ONE

Hello,  

I have a subscription that expires Dec-13-2019.  I found it was cheaper to turn in my old perpetual licence of ACAD LT and purchase a NEW ACAD subscription with 20% off than it was to just renew my existing subscription.  So I purchased a new subscription as I believed the Perp. Licence promo was about to end, so even though I now have 2 licences for a month and a half, it still worked out cheaper.  

I'm looking for how to switch the subscription licence from the old to new without having to reinstall everything.

I've looked on the website, and emailed autodesk associates for how to do this, and received replies back with links for installing the software, and for upgrading to a new family of software, etc. etc., but have not seen my particular set of circumstances.  

Can someone please guide me on what happens in a situation like mine, I am a small freelance drafter and can not afford to be down while I sort this out, so I'd like a bit of instruction before my original subscription expires.

Please Please don't just attach a link to the generic installation procedure(s), I know how to find those, I just can't determine how/if that will work with my particular situation.  I'd like to have a plan before I start messing about trying to switch it over.

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are they licensed to the same email address?

If so you should be just fine without doing anything as long as both seats are assigned to you in your account settings. As the one expires , It should just roll into the next license without issue. At worst and they are separate you would have to log out and login with the new account when prompted for the license. I don't see that a reinstall is needed.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks SeeMSixty7,  That is sooooo the answer I wanted to hear:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report