Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Tab Unresponsive

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scottspeig
589 Views, 4 Replies

Start Tab Unresponsive

(Copied from the LT forum as in wrong forum)

Using AutoCAD 2018, and all up to date.

Recently (as in couple of weeks, I've noticed that the start tab is unresponsive. It works when first loaded, but once another drawing is open, I cannot switch back to the start tab. Also, when I close the drawing, it looks like a separate window and I cannot access the functions.

"Help" suggests that it is an uncertified card, however this is incorrect as I have an NVIDIA Quadro K620 which is certified.

Any ideas? (other than search through any recent updates and undo them?)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
scottspeig
in reply to: pendean

Using 2018, and all up to date.

Recently (as in couple of weeks, I've noticed that the start tab is unresponsive. It works when first loaded, but once another drawing is open, I cannot switch back to the start tab. Also, when I close the drawing, it looks like a separate window and I cannot access the functions.

"Help" suggests that it is an uncertified card, however this is incorrect as I have an NVIDIA Quadro K620 which is certified.

Any ideas? (other than search through any recent updates and undo them?)

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: scottspeig

Re: The K620 card: Are you running this version driver?

Also, what else changed in between the time when it was working okay, and when it started misbehaving?

Windows updates?
Other software/hardware installed?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
pendean

2018.1.1 is the latest most up to date version: is that what you have? Find out, don't assume, use ABOUT command and read what it says about your version.

Also read this similar post and its solution https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/start-tab-freezing/m-p/7624757#M911946

FWIW Drivers are "certified", not the hardware: those drivers are here, you have to install that to be "certified" http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534
Message 5 of 5
pendean

See your LT forum post...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report