Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Recommendation for architecture and civil engineering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
865 Views, 3 Replies

Software Recommendation for architecture and civil engineering

I'm a new user so I'm not sure where to ask this question. 

I'm an undergrad student of physics and I want to shift to Either Architecture or Civil Engineering. Due to this pandemic, I'm not able to go forward so I'm thinking of learning a software thoroughly on my free time. I've started Sketchup but also want an Autodesk software in my skills. Since I'm not yet sure which major to choose, I want to know which software is important to both Architects and Civil engineers so that I can stay in the safe side and have my options open. 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tomislav.Golubovic
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're looking for Architecture, then look at Revit. For Civil Engineering, then look at Civil3D (and InfraWorks). But then you're talking about "Engineering" which could also mean being the Engineer on the project and not doing the drafting/design work.

Message 3 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle

Further to that, you could simply start with AutoCAD LT, which is a fairly low cost yet powerful 2D drafting tool that is useful for learning the basics up to some very advanced tools and techniques. Then when ready, you can step up to one of the other programs, which are3 more costly but have more advanced toolsets.

A lot of parametric programs are built on the basics of creating an object in 2D and then performing a function that turns it into a 3D object. 2D is the place to start.

You'll also want to take some drafting and design courses, in order to learn the differences in units, datums etc. And these forums are also a good source of voluntary advice. Good luck!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Grover_Puma

very good. I advice you
1 autocad = architecture and engineering
2 revit = architecture and engineering
3 civil 3d = civil engineering
4 infraworks = civil engineering
............. those are the first steps, then there is much more to talk about. I hope this comment is helpful. Thank you

ACEPTA LA SOLUCION que responde a tu pregunta, esto ayudará a otros a encontrar respuestas de una manera mas sencilla.
Si te gusta esta publicación, dale ME GUSTA.

Saludos!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report