Did you mean: 

Snap doesn't work properly, the "marker" catches next to the line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dmitrijus
504 Views, 5 Replies

Snap doesn't work properly, the "marker" catches next to the line

Hello, I am experiencing some issues with with snapping the lines. When I select the line (snap then select) I move it to my "help line" which I want it to go on top of, but it drops my selected line slightly next to it when I zoom in. The distance in less than millimeter, however I am very pedantic with my drawings and it drives me crazy that it doesn't line up. Any solution to avoid it ? is it some kind of video card problem ? 
Please see zoomed out and zoomed in pictures. 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: dmitrijus

@dmitrijus ,

Are the endpoint coordinate of those lines the same?

I noticed many users have this issue when the drawing is really far from its origin.

It could also be a Graphic Card issue - check the system requirement.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 6
dmitrijus

Yes, beginning of the line and end of it in same line. I use F8 for help lines. 
I am using NVIDIA QUADRO K600 - which is autodesk certified. Hardware acceleration is on. Driver version 26.21.14.4112, Virtual device DirectX 11.

Message 4 of 6
Valentin-WSP

@dmitrijus ,

I think your solution is within these links: 

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 6
dmitrijus

Hello, maybe important to mention - I work on Autocad 2021 LT, I usually work with xrefs on big master plan (quite busy). 
I do not have wipeouts in the blocks; 

Its sound more like second link, at this moment i have tested  turning off "Smooth Line Display" option, it seems better - will do some testing and report. 

Thanks 

Message 6 of 6
dmitrijus
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Seems like you solution (link 2) worked for as per my previous comment 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report