Did you mean: 

Slope Transition Extension

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
colinV5BWC
527 Views, 9 Replies

Slope Transition Extension

I have a project that will need a quite steep driveway that I am worried about cars scraping between transitions. Is there an autocad extension that can check the transitions similar to autoturn or does autoturn also do slope transitions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: colinV5BWC

Grab a trial version of this add-on and see if it meets your needs
https://www.autodesk.com/products/vehicle-tracking/overview

VT has a dedicated forum too, here is the link, so you can ask users about features and abilities:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vehicle-tracking/ct-p/5004
Message 3 of 10
colinV5BWC
in reply to: pendean

Thankyou, I downloaded, but it says my computer does not meet the requirements which I do not understand because I have a 3060 video card, amd ryzen 7 processor, and 32 gb ram. Is this program really that extensive?

Message 4 of 10
pendean

@colinV5BWC wrote:

Thankyou, I downloaded, but it says my computer does not meet the requirements which I do not understand because I have a 3060 video card, amd ryzen 7 processor, and 32 gb ram. Is this program really that extensive?

Can you show us the exact message you received in a screenshot? or, as the product webpage indicates, you have to have specific software installed first?

Message 5 of 10
colinV5BWC

colinV5BWC_0-1713379085151.png

I actively run civil 3d so I'm not sure why this would not run.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Are you by chance running C3D 2025? I believe that is the pre-requisite it is seeking, VT is an add-on and tends to be year-specific to your C3D (and AutoCAD). VT is very popular with C3D users.
Message 7 of 10
colinV5BWC

Alright, that makes sense, guess I need to update. I usually don't like to update too much when I'm busy because I don't want to have to relearn or run into an operating issue. you happen to know if there is a lot of change from 2023 to 2025?

Message 8 of 10
Kent1Cooper

I don't know about programmatic solutions, but maybe they consider all these ingredients:  It seems to me the issue is so heavily affected by / dependent on the relationship between so many things about the vehicle -- ground clearance, wheelbase distance, extensions beyond the wheels at both ends, their ground clearance(s), even tire size, maybe even springiness of suspension -- and all in relation to the degree of bend in a transition and whether it's transitioning up or down, that it wouldn't lend itself to a generic determination.  But I would think a simple section incorporating all of that for a given transition and some kind of worst-case vehicle should not be too difficult to draw up.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 10
colinV5BWC
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I normally only grade at 5% or less so in this case I would do 5% to sidewalk, 2% sidewalk and 5% from then on. However, I need to get up about 4 feet or as close as I could in a span of 32-35 feet with 8 feet of sidewalk inside that span. The problem is that gives me about 16.5% on the slopes to hit the goal. The client is going to have to be happy with going with something closer to 10-12% to get up about 3 feet, at the front and I can work it from there or change the layout. I am thinking 5%, 2%, 12% just want to make sure the car doesn't bottom out when coming off of the road or transitioning from the sidewalk. I understand that parking garages are a little steeper so maybe I can get some more slope, but I'm not sure how much I can get away with.

Message 10 of 10
colinV5BWC

I got it working, figured out how to use it in about 15 minutes and it solved my question. Thankyou for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report