5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
palan_cosmin
404 Views, 5 Replies

Slope Direction

Hello!
I have a polyline of several pieces.
And I want to make the slope sign from this polyline. But I have segments of the acute polyline have opposite meanings. I would not like to break the polyline into pieces and the change with the Reverse command does not work either.
I think I used other commands in autocad, to arrange the slope sign in one direction.
What would those commands be?|
Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: palan_cosmin

@palan_cosmin 

Hello and welcome!  Can you share the file that you are working on here, or at least some screen shots of what you are trying to do?  That would help others to offer you some suggestions.  Thank you!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
palan_cosmin
in reply to: CGBenner

palan_cosmin_0-1714206274329.png

Message 4 of 6
Kent1Cooper

Assuming you mean the alternating-length short perpendicular lines on the purple path sort of through the middle of the image, then if that's done as a linetype, you're out of luck.  There is no way to alternate the direction they project within the same object -- you will need to Break the path into separate pieces.

I suppose a routine could be written to add those slope-direction indicators as separate LINE objects, with some kind of User selection of the path, where to start and end Lines pointing to one side and which side to point to, so that different stretches of the path could be marked to different sides.  But then if you changed the route of the path, you'd need to eliminate the former markers and run it all again.  
And it would take more memory.

Very closely related is SlopeStrokes.lsp, >here<.  It won't do what's in your image, because it needs two path objects to work between, but it shows something like how the separate-line-pointers approach could be done.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 6
palan_cosmin

Hello,
I am referring to the magenta polyline, which has the slope sign, and which alternates along it.
I used the Reverse command, but it doesn't help.
I searched on the net at some point and I think I found the command/commands in autocad or maybe I'm wrong?

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@palan_cosmin wrote:

.... I searched on the net at some point and I think I found the command/commands in autocad or maybe I'm wrong?

Yes, I think you're wrong, unless perhaps there's some specialty function in the Civil3D overlay program that is not in "vanilla" AutoCAD.  You might try asking and/or Searching over there.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report