Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift+Right Click Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2098 Views, 7 Replies

Shift+Right Click Problem

I have currently updated to 2014, and updated by computer to Win 7 64 bit.

I am having trouble with my Shift Right click snap menu.

It is slow to regen and sselect the snap I need. It has made this function almost unuseable.

I belive my new machine has plenty of ram and the video card is much faster, and has more memory that my previous machine. I also have a co worker that runs on the same machine and has no problems. The only diference is that he has not updated to 2014. I just install service pak 1, but did little to resolve my problem. I aslo tryed rebooting, it helped very little.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> It is slow to regen and sselect the snap I need

Does that occur in new drawings too or only with some specific dwg-files?

Have you tried to toggle the hardware acceleration (command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune)

If you have not done too much customization you might try to reset the AutoCAD profile (to be started from Windows start menu ==> Autodesk ==> AutoCAD 2014 ==> reset settings to default)

Have you loaded any tools or menus from your previous AutoCAD release or did you migrate settings?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Victoria.Studley

Hi Patduane,

Alfred brings up some important questions that will help determine where the issue lies.

You might also try some of these Windows 7 environment optimization tips, to improve the performance of the program:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS18818398

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 8
a.gnodde

Hoi All, I and all of my co workers has this problem as well, and I try to find a solution for this as well since I am the AutoCAD application manager here in the office. And in the mean time i found out that the slow reaction on the shift right click on the mouse is not the only issue, when you turn on the menu bar than you will find the same delay time for displaying the menu's.

With turning harware accelaration off makes no difference.

I tryed to find some of the delay variables if one of those will have some effect, but didn't found one, maybe some one else can help to find one of those hdden variables?

Regards, Albert Gnodde

We running Win7 on Dell machines with AutoCAD 2014.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: a.gnodde

Hi, I would like to know if one of you have found a solution for the autocad snap menu slow response when SHIFT + RIGHT click ?

I'm runnig also Autocad 2014 under Win 7.

Thanks!

Simon

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Try turning off selection cycling
Also go into the snap settings window and turn off 3d snaps if not needed
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I have noticed this issue recently too.  Not sure what changed over the past few weeks but both menu pulldowns and the shift right click menu's are severley delayed. 

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Ditto with the users here.  Shift Right-Click has a lag as well as all the drop down menus.  Seems to have started a week ago, but the lag is really noticable now.

-Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report