Did you mean: 

Sheetset "plot to pdf" controled by?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
InfraChic
357 Views, 3 Replies

Sheetset "plot to pdf" controled by?

Afternoon all,

I'm having a small problem that at one time I knew how to solve but for the life of me I can not remember the answer to, thus I'm asking you, my forum contributors.

This is Sheet Set related.

When in Sheet Set manager and you select a grouping of sheets or the entire sheet set.  The idea is we're going to publish this to a PDF.  But when I select this option I'm told my destination folder and and plot files are set to read only, which they may very well be depending on what file(s) sheet set is looking for.

The standard procedure to do what I have a question about is below:

In the Sheet Set Manager, under Sheets, select a sheet set, subset, or sheet.
In the upper-right corner of the Sheet Set Manager, click the Publish button.

From the flyout menu, choose an output:
Publish to DWF
Publish to DWFx
Publish to PDF
Publish to Plotter

When I choose Publish to PDF, no I don't want to use page setup overrides, I start to publish. Then I get an error.  What I'm publishing is an odd size, 36X12, yah really weird but that's the standard for this city.  3x1, or 36x12.  So I'm told that the file to create a custom size is read only and another location is read only as well that is needed.  Then the plot job is cancelled.

So my question to you all is what file should I be looking for to add the custom size too? 

I'm thinking it's a PC3 file. But for the life of me I can't remember which one.

I did add the size to my DWG to PDF.pc3 but I still get an error during plotting.  

So when you select Plot to PDF, which PC3 is the sheet set looking for?  Also which directory could sheetset be looking at that is read only?

I do select the directory to put the PDF in and that's NOT read only. I even tried putting the file on my local C: drive in the Documents directory, still got the same response.  So it has nothing to do with where I'm storing the PDF it must have to do with making a change to a file for this special sheet size.

Heidi B.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: InfraChic

Hi @InfraChic,

I just found your post and I hope that you have already resolved the problem.  If not, let me try.

If you open the PC3 associated with the desired print driver (printer hardware or PDF for instance) you can select the properties for the driver. Under the User-defined Paper sizes & Calibration, you can create a custom paper size such as the 36x12.  

If this is not what you are looking for, please share a sample drawing along with the drive you want to use.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @InfraChic,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
InfraChic

Ok so the actual answer I believe is this is controlled by the default page setup of each file.  If there is no default setup than you'll have issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report